Disney Wonder on Webcam showing her being stripped

Ex techie

This does not look like the hi-tech hard bottom paint. This looks like "self-polishing copolymer" anti-fouling paint. Those touch up spots will fade very quickly and the entire bottom will change color quickly, going from gray to a reddish gray. Lots of those areas appear to be hull openings where they had either wood plugs and extensions, or welded extensions to keep water runoff (like from open deck scuppers) away from the hull during painting. Some you can see, they pulled the plugs soon after the paint was dry, and there was either rain or deck cleaning, which resulted in the rust stains, but these should be below the waterline, and the rust stains should disappear.

There is a bit of overspray below the white boot top, but I think this paint won't survive much submersion in sea water.

Thanks Chief!

And thank you for all of your input on CC! I love it when you comment and explain things!

ex techie

P.S Would you have a email address I could send a picture to?

Just read through the whole thread...thanks to all for taking the time and finding all the pictures.

It's been a labor of love for this Ship! Gonna miss this thread when she's out of drydock... we've had a great time here discussing start to finish of the new and improved Disney Wonder!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's been a labor of love for this Ship! Gonna miss this thread when she's out of drydock... we've had a great time here discussing start to finish of the new and improved Disney Wonder!!!

Now I'm anxious to see a thread start when construction begins on DCL Ship # 5 in Papenburg !

:cool:

I don't suppose there's any chance we're getting Virtual Portholes in the Inside rooms, on this makeover? :o

(Probably not, but doesn't hurt to ask.)

At this point no one knows...but they didn't do it on the Magic. Guess we'll find out soon.

They also didn't do the "on demand" movie system. That seems like a simple addition that was neglected on the Magic!

Edited by moki'smommy

ex techie: I do like the new lighting fixture in the atrium....i think it's very attractive...

i actually like it better than the old hanging thing...

i never liked that....and given that i'm a worst case scenario sort of person, i always worried that it would come crashing down :)

I was surprised when I saw this as the chandelier for the Wonder as it is obviously very different from the horrible piece they chose for the Magic.

Although it is more in keeping with the Dream and Fantasy, I can't say I'm wow'd by it.

What are others opinions and thoughts?

ex techie

WDR%20Chandelier%20closeup.png

Edited by alaska_planner

At this point no one knows...but they didn't do it on the Magic. Guess we'll find out soon.

They also didn't do the "on demand" movie system. That seems like a simple addition that was neglected on the Magic!

I think it is not that simple since it requires an Ethernet cable be run to each TV, that's a lot of work.

My guess is that it could be done, but would require a complete rewiring of all staterooms (and/or possibly new TVs or additional stateroom equipment). Even if not replacing wiring with ethernet, the equipment required to make it work over coaxial is expensive and could be space prohibitive. Doing so in a building (e.g. hotel) can take months and can be expensive. The virtual portholes would also require a lot of wiring and camera equipment, particularly since the classic ships have more interior staterooms than the newer ships.

Edited by cruiseabuser