Id hiccup

acbat1

My sister went and renewed her drivers license here in Georgia. They give out cardboard temporary license and say the real one should be received in 2 weeks which puts us just at our departure date next Friday. Airport won't accept paper temporary id's but she works for airline so she can use her work Id to get through TSA. but will royal accept her birth certificate and paper temporary id? She has an expire passport will that be accepted with birth certificate?

This is my experience, but I am not saying what the right answer may be.

My friend was in a similar situation. She had a Missouri temporary d/l. I live in GA and know what the temporary looks like here and it looks much more like a real one than the one from Missouri, (It was black and white.) The check in clerk had to get a supervisor to look at it and she was able to board. She did have her birth certificate, marriage license. I would also have her bring her expired book.

Also, my friend was able to use that id to travel at TSA, They did call her aside and do a more extensive search.

Another time we were travelling with a family and the daughter 17 lost her d/l the night before the cruise and used an expired license with a birth certificate and was able to board.

I would still call Royal and verify.

My sister went and renewed her drivers license here in Georgia. They give out cardboard temporary license and say the real one should be received in 2 weeks which puts us just at our departure date next Friday. Airport won't accept paper temporary id's but she works for airline so she can use her work Id to get through TSA. but will royal accept her birth certificate and paper temporary id? She has an expire passport will that be accepted with birth certificate?

From the RCI website......http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do

I would also call RCI for confirmation. If possible get them to confirm in writing what you're told.

It won't get you on the ship, but check the TSA website regarding your comment that the paper ID won't get you through the airport. You can totally get through TSA and on a plane without any ID for a domestic flight. Go early, be prepared to answer questions, and hope they find her in some database.

My dad flies domestically about once a year without any ID.

I too work for an airline and would never let my pspt expire, why?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Not sure how this answered my question. Not that it's any of your business but she just had a baby and it just wasn't a priority for her. She didn't know about the cruise it was a surprise Not much time for her to prepare so I'll take the blame for wanting to give my sister who had some postpartum depression a week of relaxation. Don't be so quick to boast your superiority next time.

For those of you who offered constructive suggestions and opinions thank you.

It won't get you on the ship, but check the TSA website regarding your comment that the paper ID won't get you through the airport. You can totally get through TSA and on a plane without any ID for a domestic flight. Go early, be prepared to answer questions, and hope they find her in some database.

My dad flies domestically about once a year without any ID.

Interesting. We didn't worry about checking TSA because we knew her work Id would suffice. But this is good to know. GA DMV website is the one that says TSA will no longer accept the temporary identification. Funny that the info conflicts with TSA.

Interesting. We didn't worry about checking TSA because we knew her work Id would suffice. But this is good to know. GA DMV website is the one that says TSA will no longer accept the temporary identification. Funny that the info conflicts with TSA.

I thought that TSA now required 'Enhanced ID' - and I can't imagine that the temp one qualifies for that. I'm sure that there are protocols to work around temporary ID or maybe the enhanced ID rule hasn't officially started yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums