Another Passport Question

Figsgrandma

I know that questions about passport requirements have been asked and answered numerous times before, so please excuse my asking again - I didn't pay much attention to the previous answers, since I have a passport. However, my son and his girlfriend, neither of whom have passports, are thinking about a cruise to the Bahamas in early January. Will they need passports, or are their birth certificates and drivers licenses sufficient?

Considering the volatility of issues in the world, it is better to apply for and get a passport even if it is not a requirement for this trip. All you need is for some situation to change at the last minute requiring all citizens to have one.

They are good fo 10 years, so they are a good deal, and can prevent some hassles in the future.

Thanks for your quick responses. I agree that it would be a good idea for them to get passports, but since the cruise they're thinking of is in early January I wasn't sure if there was enough time to get them. I know there should be time, but if there's a delay for any reason the passports might not come in time, and in the meantime they wouldn't even have their birth certificates (having submitted them with the passport application).

Archived