☀️💜 Need booking help - Best way? Kids free?

ShakerFamily

Our first and only cruise was in 2014 with RC ($99 deals!). Then life and babies happened, so our traveling has been on hold. Now that we're ready to book again, I need help!

We'd love to stay with Royal Carribean, possibly Carnival as these are the only ones in our budget. What is the best way to book the best deals? Would love kids free (8 and 1 year old, maybe 11 year old nephew), onboard credit, whatever deals! Are their secret tips to booking? Who do you suggest booking through (company or travel agent)?

We are within minutes to Port Canaveral Florida and three hours to Miami.

Any and all suggestions welcomed!

Welcome back to cruising! It's a great vacation with kids. I've cruised with my daughters since the youngest was 21 months old. :D

Some will tell you to book directly with the cruise line so you don't have a "middle man" and you control your booking. That said, you may get a better deal through a TA and some on-board credit. For example, on my Alaska cruise next year, I have $300 on-board credit and paid a little less than what I could book on the NCL site. If I need to make any changes I have to go through my TA--this is the first time I've used one in years, but so far I'm happy with the service and really happy about the OBC.

I think the only way the kids will sail free is if the cruise line you're booking with is running a kids-sail-free promotion. NCL is doing that right now. It would apply to two children. If you bring your nephew, you'd have to pay for him.

Have a great time!

One thing is to make sure with a kids sail free fare is to read the fine print. If there's certain dates and you can't go (jobs, school, etc.), then that kind of promotion isn't going to help you. If the cruise line isn't one you want to go on, then the promotion will be irrelevant.