Review: Allure Eastern Caribbean, 4 Sept.

DMS1

Cruise 7 day Eastern (Nassua, St. Thomas, St. Kitts)

Inside stateroom: 9101

My wife and I just got back from the Allure. Yes it is a great ship and we had a wonderful cruise, you can't go wrong on this ship. I always enjoyed reading other's opinions on the boards so I will add a few of my own.

Dining: We did my time dining, probably for the last time. It was not great, we would sometimes get placed at tables where our tablemates were eating their main course or desert. Very chaotic, and not the best of service.

Food: A couple meals in the dining room were of very poor quality. With all the penny pinching, I noticed the fresh-pepper grinders have been chopped.

Dining Room Kitchen Tour: Did this on-board tour, it was fabulous. Our host gave us lots of details and would take any and all questions. It was a bargain at $20 pp.

Sabor: Nachos, Salsa and Guacamole were excellent, well worth the $5 charge.

Entertainment: We enjoyed the shows. Mamma Mia was excellent, we enjoyed the ice show and the headliner singer, Jeff Tracta, so much we went twice.

Weather: We found cruising in early September to be very hot weather, it took away from our enjoyment of the stops at islands, or time spent poolside. Will go back to our more usual November/December dates.

Still the experience was enjoyable, I would give it an 8 out of 10. RCCL could have done better in the dining room.

Happy Cruising Everyone.

I thought the name Jeff Trachta sounded familiar so I looked him up, and he's Thorne from The Bold and the Beautiful! Yes, I admit that I watch soap operas. Do you know how long he'll be on Allure? It would be a great surprise for my mom if he's still there in November.

Thank you for your review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the same sailing as you. We also enjoyed Sabor so much we went 3 times!! One of the shows we saw was Jeff Trachta and it was good. Ice Games was a good show, too. The Windjammer is not as good as it used to be - we were very disappointed with that. We had late dining and it was good. The ship is huge but the only time we felt crowded was on sea days by the pool. I think it needs about 10 more pools. For a ship that large the amount of pool space is just ridiculous!!!

Weather: We found cruising in early September to be very hot weather, it took away from our enjoyment of the stops at islands, or time spent poolside. Will go back to our more usual November/December dates.

Question: Cruising Oct. 1, 2017 on Allure. Hoping some seasoned cruisers can share what the weather is generally like in Nassau, St Thomas and St Kitts in early October. Many thanks.

My wife and I just got back from the Allure. Yes it is a great ship and we had a wonderful cruise, you can't go wrong on this ship. I always enjoyed reading other's opinions on the boards so I will add a few of my own.

Dining: We did my time dining, probably for the last time. It was not great, we would sometimes get placed at tables where our tablemates were eating their main course or desert. Very chaotic, and not the best of service.

Food: A couple meals in the dining room were of very poor quality. With all the penny pinching, I noticed the fresh-pepper grinders have been chopped.

Dining Room Kitchen Tour: Did this on-board tour, it was fabulous. Our host gave us lots of details and would take any and all questions. It was a bargain at $20 pp.

Sabor: Nachos, Salsa and Guacamole were excellent, well worth the $5 charge.

Entertainment: We enjoyed the shows. Mamma Mia was excellent, we enjoyed the ice show and the headliner singer, Jeff Tracta, so much we went twice.

Still the experience was enjoyable, I would give it an 8 out of 10. RCCL could have done better in the dining room.

Happy Cruising Everyone.

We were on the same sailing. We had seen Jeff on the Oasis and knew we'd enjoy him again. Mamma Mia, excellent yes!!!

I have to agree with you on the weather. This is why we stopped sailing this time of the yr. We will go back to a different time of the year.

We loved MTD. But we always got there about 6pm. One time they took us to a very lg table. I told him that I didn't want to wait for all to order or that reason of ordering now, then people continue to come in. They also brought us to a table where it was full. So we had to stand there til he returned. We started just getting tables for two and talk to the people around us. We found the food to be very good!

We plan to stick with this class. Love it.

DMS, thx for the review, we go in a few months. Did you notice if they were still offering alternate dinners for 2 on nights 1 and 2 for $30 total? And were they coming into the dining room with other alternate dining offers?

DMS, thx for the review, we go in a few months. Did you notice if they were still offering alternate dinners for 2 on nights 1 and 2 for $30 total? And were they coming into the dining room with other alternate dining offers?

Yes they were, we got it. We did Chops and Samba. Service was not very good in Chops. Seemed like they oversold it. Some people easily waited a half hour just to get a table. Samba on the other hand was great. Very underrated. To clarify its $30pp for the 2 nights.

We were on the same sailing. We had seen Jeff on the Oasis and knew we'd enjoy him again. Mamma Mia, excellent yes!!!

I have to agree with you on the weather. This is why we stopped sailing this time of the yr. We will go back to a different time of the year.

We loved MTD. But we always got there about 6pm. One time they took us to a very lg table. I told him that I didn't want to wait for all to order or that reason of ordering now, then people continue to come in. They also brought us to a table where it was full. So we had to stand there til he returned. We started just getting tables for two and talk to the people around us. We found the food to be very good!

We plan to stick with this class. Love it.

We did MTD as well. Only ended up in the dining room twice but enjoyed it both times. We asked for our own table and were seated quickly and had the same waiters. You do have to go early because both nights when we left the lines for people with and w/o reservations were very long. We ate early, around 6:30-7:00

Yes they were, we got it. We did Chops and Samba. Service was not very good in Chops. Seemed like they oversold it. Some people easily waited a half hour just to get a table. Samba on the other hand was great. Very underrated. To clarify its $30pp for the 2 nights.

Kind of surprising about the Chops lineups, haven't seen that at an alternate in any cruise line before, especially since it's all reservations, maybe you're right about overselling, surprising they would do that to paying customers. Where/how did you buy the $30 deal?

Kind of surprising about the Chops lineups, haven't seen that at an alternate in any cruise line before, especially since it's all reservations, maybe you're right about overselling, surprising they would do that to paying customers. Where/how did you buy the $30 deal?

When we first got on the ship they have tables selling all the drink packages, spa packages etc. One table was selling the dining. They tried selling us the 3 night package for $85 first and when we declined they offered us the $30 deal.

May I ask what the $30 deal is?? We would like to try some of the specialty restaurants - including some with kids and are trying to figure out whether to book the 3 dining plan. But I'm really intrigued about the $30 deal.

May I ask what the $30 deal is?? We would like to try some of the specialty restaurants - including some with kids and are trying to figure out whether to book the 3 dining plan. But I'm really intrigued about the $30 deal.

We were also on this cruise and had a wonderful time. I totally agree about the weather and we will change the time of year. The humidity was awful and did take away from enjoying St. Thomas. We didn't get off the ship in Nassau or St. Kitts because of this. I have written a review that should have already been posted.

One thing I will say is you can't go wrong with sailing on the Allure. :)

As Mr Bacardi reported above, for $30 pp you get 2 dinners for 2 ppl in the alternate restaurants, but they must be used on the first and second nights of the cruise. At the sales desk they first offer you 3 for $85pp, and if you decline that, then they offer you the $30 deal. Just like dickering with the vendors in the ports.