P&O Cruises' New Cruise Ship Meets With Mixed Response from Passengers, Welcomed by I

LauraS

Yes, much discussion on various FB pages... there does seem to be a longing for the return of smaller ships, and "one offs" which is how firm favourites Aurora and Oriana were produced. Since then, with Arcadia being the same as Cunard's Queens; every other ship has been from the Princess stable, even after the P&O Princess Line was swallowed up.

Plus, many are asking for the return of the adult only Adonia, which Carnival has taken to enter Cuba.... still fed and watered by P&O, but with a new team running the cruise part.

I can see a move to Saga when their brand new, small ship is launched.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, smaller ships can reach places where bigger ships can't. I don't agree with the comments made by the directors/managers in the article. But hey I'm only a cruise fan/passenger. What do I know?

Problem with industry insiders is that they have jobs and a vested interest in not being too outspoken about criticising decisions people at the top have made. The only positive I can see is that it may reduce prices elsewhere in the fleet as a result of insufficient passengers being available to fill all ships on all itineraries.

Regards John