Cpap machine

Eileenfa1

DH and I both use one. Our doctor told us that the filtered water on a ship is OK to use for a week. Or, if you aren't OK with that, you can contact the Guests with Disabilities dept. and they can help you. Check out the Carnival website for them. We've taken ours on many cruises and used ship water and never had a problem.

They sell it on board for 3.99 a gallon, but we use regular water in the CPAP machine without any issues.

Call Carnival in advance and a bottle will be in your cabin waiting for you.

Be careful with tap water, scale forms where you can barely see and will cause a bad taste in your mouth in the morning. If I use tap water for a few days I let the reservoir soak in white vinegar for a couple of hours when I get home. After that a thorough rinsing gets the smell out. I also carry a 9' extension cord in my case.

Your quality of life will skyrocket with the CPAP. I was overweight, not sleeping well, falling asleep during the day and the machine made a monster difference. Down 45 pounds since January and I cannot remember the last time I woke in the night. Most 58 year old men cannot say that. I had a decade of poor sleep erased in less than a week.

Edited by BallFour4

I just got one today and was told it needs distilled water. Does anyone know where on the ship I can get it? Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My hubby also uses a CPAP. We buy 2 of the small bottles for 89 cents apiece at the grocery store, it has CPAP on the label, and carry it on. We also carry the CPAP on. We were questioned one time, they thought it was plain water, and set it aside. We explained, they gave it back, and we've never had any problems since.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got one today and was told it needs distilled water. Does anyone know where on the ship I can get it? Tia

The ship's water is double filtered with reverse osmosis. You should have zero issues using it. My wife used it on the last two cruises without any issues. They want you to use distilled to keep hard water scale from forming. Don't worry, have a great cruise!

Your quality of life will skyrocket with the CPAP. I was overweight, not sleeping well, falling asleep during the day and the machine made a monster difference. Down 45 pounds since January and I cannot remember the last time I woke in the night. Most 58 year old men cannot say that. I had a decade of poor sleep erased in less than a week.

Very interesting. Thanks for the tip.

Interesting. I have a love / hate relationship with my CPAP. I love to hate it. I have lugged it with me to Europe, Florida, and the Caribbean. The cruise lines seemed to be fine with getting me an extension cord and some distilled water. I didn't see any charge on my bill, it might be a Carnival thing though.

My husband uses a CPAP and has carried on a gallon of water with no issues except for the pain of carrying on a gallon of water. When we sailed on the Dream, I decided that I would be proactive and call Carnival and pre-order a gallon of water thru the Special Needs department. I will NEVER do that again! The water wasn't in the cabin, so I still had to call Guest Services and have it delivered. However, my husband received about two phone calls PER DAY asking about his CPAP. These calls came at random times day and evening. He even told them that he had no issues and did not need for them to call back to check on him, but they would not stop calling.

We will now either just order from Guest Services with no reference to the CPAP or he will just use bottled water.

I fill two 16.9 oz soda bottles with distilled water.

Put them in my cpap carrier, walk onto the ship.

Plus not all the shipd water is R/O.

The ship bunkers water in most ports.

Really? I've never seen the lines needs for this. What ports have you seen a water connection?

On the tour I've taken on the Conquest and Triumph they described the osmosis system as the source for water replenishment.

Water from Mexico has a different flora and can/does trigger a GI reaction.

Curious...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship's water is double filtered with reverse osmosis. You should have zero issues using it. My wife used it on the last two cruises without any issues. They want you to use distilled to keep hard water scale from forming. Don't worry, have a great cruise!

Ships water is "distilled" through their onboard system. We cruise often and have never brought water with us and have never had a problem. Save yourself the troubles of bottled water.

One other thing:

Bring a 12 foot extension cord in your CPAP case.

Some ships don't have an outlet on the bed side of the cabin. We had this on our last cruise. My wife ran the extension cord to the desk at night and coiled it up during the day. No problems getting the cord on the ship.

Really? I've never seen the lines needs for this. What ports have you seen a water connection?

On the tour I've taken on the Conquest and Triumph they described the osmosis system as the source for water replenishment.

Water from Mexico has a different flora and can/does trigger a GI reaction.

Curious...

I think it depends on the line and the itinerary. On our last Princes to Mexico cruise they said they bring water from L.A.

On our last RCL cruise they said they "make" all the water onboard.