How to request table for 4 with traditional dining

4merlurker

Friends just booked on our 9/26 enchantment cruise. I tried to link our reservations for dinner but we have traditional @ 8:30 and it wouldn't let us link because they dont have the same dinner....they booked on an online travel site and were given the 6pm slot and I cant modify they're reservation.

I'd like to get to get us together at the 8:30 with a table for 4. Would I call C&A?

Thanks!

OK, I called C&A and put in the request they noted my reservation. My friend called their TA who called RCCL and put in the request (they were told late seating is full but they will waitlist them). I also emailed RCL dining and put in the request. Overkill? Maybe, but its my 50th birthday and I really don't want to be dining with a bunch of strangers when I can eat with my friends.

I don't want MTD.

What do you think the chances are that they will honor the request? I'm worried that there isn't any late seating left. :(

OK, I called C&A and put in the request they noted my reservation. My friend called their TA who called RCCL and put in the request (they were told late seating is full but they will waitlist them). I also emailed RCL dining and put in the request. Overkill? Maybe, but its my 50th birthday and I really don't want to be dining with a bunch of strangers when I can eat with my friends.

I don't want MTD.

What do you think the chances are that they will honor the request? I'm worried that there isn't any late seating left. :(

I can't tell you the chances. However, if it does not get set up pre-cruise, go to the dining room as soon as you board and try to get it fixed there. They may not be able to fix you up on the first night, but might have something from night 2 on.

I'm sorry to tell you that 8:30 dining is wait listed for that sailing. We just got off Enchantment 3 night cruise and the only choice was My Time Dining. We ate at Chops one night and I would suggest that you do that at least one night. It was great. MDR was not so great. We made reservations at 9 PM each night. We showed up a few minutes before 9. There was always a line, and about a 15 minute wait to be seated. The last night we were taken downstairs to a table for 2. We sat there for about 20 minutes and no one ever came over or acknowledged us, no bread, no water, nothing. We got up and went to the entrance to look for a manager but there was no one there (we were now on the fixed time dining floor), so we left. I was too hungry and angry to go running around looking for a manager at that point. Room service didn't answer the phone after 15 minutes on hold, so the only way to get food at that point was at Park Cafe: nachos, awful pizza, and pre-made sandwiches.

I'm sorry to tell you that 8:30 dining is wait listed for that sailing. We just got off Enchantment 3 night cruise and the only choice was My Time Dining. We ate at Chops one night and I would suggest that you do that at least one night. It was great. MDR was not so great. We made reservations at 9 PM each night. We showed up a few minutes before 9. There was always a line, and about a 15 minute wait to be seated. The last night we were taken downstairs to a table for 2. We sat there for about 20 minutes and no one ever came over or acknowledged us, no bread, no water, nothing. We got up and went to the entrance to look for a manager but there was no one there (we were now on the fixed time dining floor), so we left. I was too hungry and angry to go running around looking for a manager at that point. Room service didn't answer the phone after 15 minutes on hold, so the only way to get food at that point was at Park Cafe: nachos, awful pizza, and pre-made sandwiches.

What an awful experience.