On-Board credits/gifts as Christmas presents - anyone do this?

WorkerBee74

It's coming to the time of year when the family starts asking for Christmas lists. Instead of something pointless I'm thinking about maybe asking for some Cruise Cash or beach towels/wine.

Anyone done this? What would they need, just your booking number and then it gets applied as OBC (for cruise cash) or is waiting in your room (for gifts)?

Figured I'd post this here as it may give others the idea for cruisers in their lives or open some discussion for anyone who has done it.

(Also we are Canadian of that matters, I expect this could still be done online but would obviously be in USD)

Edited by WorkerBee74

We've gifted our friend cruise cash for his birthday cruise. I ordered/paid online and you get to choose when it's delivered to their state room. I think I chose to have it delivered the first day on board. He enjoyed it. :)

My kids always get us cruise cash for birthdays and Christmas. We always have a cruise booked. Just give them your booking number and they can go online and order for you. They can even write a personalized message to you. I don't worry about losing any money by receiving cruise cash, because I will spend it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

So I'm going to bump this old thread up because we are planning our second cruise (WOOT!) and this turned out to be a fabulous idea. We have our booking for next May (2019) and we since we have our booking number we can give it to friends/family for birthdays/Christmas. When you're on your cruise it is sweet to know that you can buy that extra drink knowing you have Bar Cash, or have waters/pops/towels etc waiting for you in your room with a nice message from friends/family! Trips always end up nickel/diming you so it's a really nice present when you get it!

I have received Carnival Gift Cards (and Cruise Cash) for my anniversary, birthday and Christmas from my whole family and as a Thank You gift from work! I think I had seven or eight Gift Cards when we checked in on our last cruise!

I've also been known to buy them for myself! :o:o

So I'm going to bump this old thread up because we are planning our second cruise (WOOT!) and this turned out to be a fabulous idea. We have our booking for next May (2019) and we since we have our booking number we can give it to friends/family for birthdays/Christmas. When you're on your cruise it is sweet to know that you can buy that extra drink knowing you have Bar Cash, or have waters/pops/towels etc waiting for you in your room with a nice message from friends/family! Trips always end up nickel/diming you so it's a really nice present when you get it!

That s great! I’m hoping my kids (Adult)remember to do this for Mother’s and Father’s Day. We really don’t need anything else, but we cruise every year so it’s an easy gift for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk