My Carnival Breeze Review 9/4/2016 sailing with 30+ friends

Matlily

Start by saying this was my 7 cruise, all have been out of Galveston, so far next year we have the Vista out of Miami booked.

Embark:

Due to the ship being delayed coming back with a mechanical problem, ship boarding was delayed about an hour, that said in Alaska that would be fine but in Galveston its was 100 degrees and a hot and sweaty wait! hence no wearing that outfit again LOL! We had faster to the fun so once it started it was pretty fast and we waited in our area of the lounge and ended up boarding around 12:30. Went straight to our cabin which was ready dropped off the hand luggage and went in search of food.

Food:

Guys hamburgers are too good! ate too many in the following week! LOL

Had a great time with 30+ friends onboard, did the anytime dining which we love. Ate the tandoori grill awesome, great pizza! I am not a buffet person so did this only once! had the at sea dining room breakfast twice that was great. Ordered Breakfast room service a couple of times that was always good, the crossiants are delish hot coffee, fruit plate etc all good. Even wanted a hot tea one afternoon and ordered it and it was good. Our MDR experience is always good we did YTD we had one of our head waiters Olga was awesome and we asked to be sat in her area a few times. She offered us good advice to try different things, my husband is a picky eater and I was amazed at the stuff he tried and enjoyed at Olga's advice, awesome!

This year we tried the steakhouse its awesome if you can afford the extra cost go for it, great 4-5 courses, top notch, dont expect michillan stars but the food is good, on a par with saltgrass etc, not quite Mortons!

Room:

4J cabin 10206 Picture Window Lido Deck front of ship. We loved the space of the cabin but at the beginning the rocking was very rocky and the ship shudders often, and even thru we got used to it, we would not pick this room again, we loved the lido deck location and we will try to get that again very handy for everything. Most of the time we kept our curtains closed because people would peer inside while we were watching tv or relaxing after excursions.

Our room was great our room steward Jesus was the best, we tip and we never have a problem with service anywhere a few bucks goes a long way and i hate seeing no one tip a little extra, we tip on drinks a $1 at dinner $5 and at lunch a couple of bucks these waiters are great and keep smiling thru all our crazy requests.

Public Areas:

Here's my beef and people may not like it but ban the smoking! I love to gamble and do so every cruise and feel like I have a cold every morning waking up all stuffy from the ciggy smoke, my hair stinks, my clothes, provided a glassed in area for smokers, there are a lot less of them now and most are used to going outside! there is a whole 5th floor outside deck all around the floor tell them to go outside! It's 2016 come on carnival its horrible........stinks......

Entertainment:

My fun group are a bunch of Country and western dancers but apart from JD in the Rum bar we didnt find a lot of dancing! they cancelled the country Hour in the Night club!!! really!!! We as a group ended up teach the line dance class onboard! we had a lot of people turn up so hope they all enjoyed it.

Comedy Club is by far the best show onboard it was funny and everyone in our group of 30+ 50 year old adults enjoyed it a lot.

Shows we only saw FLICK its excellent you need all your show to be like this we would go to more.... :-)

Mike the Entertainment director was fun and funny, he and his team do a great job, several of our guys entered on deck contests and a few medals and ships on a stick came home! LOL PS: We also stopped by to the Veterans recognition event, thanks that was very special. Also loved the moment of silence for 9/11 on disembark again Mike that was a class action.

Excursions:

Jamaica - we did it ourselves. Took van there were 13 of us, went to Dr. Cave beach beautiful white sandy gentle beach, we rented chairs & umbrellas had lunch at a restaurant on the beach always a fun day, great snorkelling under the pier lots of sea urchins so bring water shoes. Our day was cut short due to it pouring with rain so came back early to the ship no shopping done!

Grand Cayman- Did a carnival excursion Stingray Bay and Turtle Farm, was a fun day out, ran out of time and board the ship when we got back and had another guys hamburger.

Cozumel - We did the VIP Dolphinarous Experience with a fully menu 4 course lunch, infinity pool and snorkel lagoon, we got to have 40 mins with the dolphin this was our favorite excursion, just not enough time there by the time we did the dolphin experience order two drinks and lunch there wasnt time for the pool, photos were expensive so be prepared. We asked to stay later and do the lagoon snorkel, do this its awesome hundereds of fish, rays starfish etc. we got a cab back later than our friends by an hour but no extra charges, we did have to leave our fully inclusive area but we had enough by then. they need to make this a 5 hour at least excursion.

Disembark: We choose self assist and had Faster to the Fun, we were off by 8am and on the road home around 9:30am! Love having faster to the fun for this....alone!

Faster to the fun: getting more expensive but I still love having a dedicated phone line for questions, early boarding and room ready, being at guest services desk and it only being a couple of people deep! and getting off the ship first is all awesome.

Misc: 1.) A teenage boy went missing during the cruise and was found at 5:30am in a girls room! there were loud messages thru the night trying to find him as his parents were looking and I had several friends woken up in the middle of the night to have there cabin searched!!! I bet he is grounded!!! LOL

2.) We heard and not sure if this happened that some people in a cabin were held there with a guard outside their cabin, for smoking substances and left the ship in Jamiaca!!!

Edited by Matlily

Nothing like a missing teen 5 - 6 am wake up announcement. We had one last sailing. Girl was found in a cousins room so all well except fright to parents and whole ship. Actually it was a good lesson because we all knew her name and so everyone who ran into onboard mentioned. And her parents embarrassed her - prob best punishment.

Thanks for the review, sounds like it was an eventful cruise.

How many of you at dinner at the same time? I am going with a group of 16 and we all have YTD.

We had anything from us all 35 to tables for 8 or 6 for 10, who ever chose to go to dinner at 6:30 and meet everyone, some chose only to do this a couple of nights.

Did you pre-arrange for the van in MoBay? We will be there in December and want to go to Doctor's Cave Beach but would only need a taxi.

No we didnt pre arrange just got off went outside and asked for a van for $13 people and how much per person it was $7 per person.

• 1 month later...
We had anything from us all 35 to tables for 8 or 6 for 10, who ever chose to go to dinner at 6:30 and meet everyone, some chose only to do this a couple of nights.

We plan on picking a time depending on the port or activities and then meeting, just wondered if it was hard to do with a big group using YTD.

We picked a place and time to meet up usually the lobby bar area around 6:30 if you didnt turn up then you went to do your own thing, on port days it ended up a little later like 7:30

We plan on picking a time depending on the port or activities and then meeting, just wondered if it was hard to do with a big group using YTD.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the review, sounds like it was an eventful cruise.

How many of you at dinner at the same time? I am going with a group of 16 and we all have YTD.

It varied we would be all of us on one elegant night and we went early and had 4 tables in the middle other nights we said who ever turns up around 6:30pm if you dont we wont put you on our table, mostly we had anywhere between 10-16 they always accomodated us.