Feeling a bit of buyer's remorse...

JimS4210

We sail on the Jewel on the 27th. I called the upsell dept and got an upgrade to a 2 BR Haven Suite. :) Got what I think is a great price so we're in the Haven in less than two weeks!

I do have one small concern and I hope someone can put me at ease. This is only our third cruise and the two previous cruises have been in aft cabins. The first was on the Sun in cabin 9076 which was awesome. The balcony was huge and we loved the layout of the room. It was the perfect room!

The second was on the Star in 9232. This was another aft suite. You're probably spotting a trend. We really love the aft view. Nothing better than sitting on your balcony with an adult beverage or three and watching the wake. It's so peacefull.

Our upsell on the Jewel is an H4 on the starboard side. Am I gonna regret not having the wake view? I realize the Haven is awesome but I'm hoping I'll still love sitting on the balcony watching the ocean. The relaxation is my favorite part of cruising (that and the drinking! and eating!). Put me at ease... Thanks! :)

Jim

I've been in the Sun 9076, and also the Jewel class haven in the 2 bedroom. You know, you can love more than one thing! Sure, that Sun room is nice, and for me one big benefit it has over the Haven rooms is that the bedroom has a slider to the balcony- I love sleeping with the balcony door open (which isn't an option in the Haven rooms because the balcony slider is in the living room).

BUT the Haven rooms are sooooo great. The courtyard/haven area is such a great addition- and the deck above it is really great too. The Haven is a perfect location- right there by Cagney's/Moderno for your breakfast and lunch, and the Star Bar is right there too for your drinks. The bathroom is MUCH better than the 9076 Sun one- a huge tub, shower, two sinks, and everything- and the second bedroom/bath, even if you don't have anyone else with you, makes a great spot to store stuff, hang wet swimsuits, etc. The Haven area also has it's own small steam room, treadmill, and exercise bike RIGHT THERE. It's good to try new things- especially when they are this nice!!!

I've been in the Sun 9076, and also the Jewel class haven in the 2 bedroom. You know, you can love more than one thing! Sure, that Sun room is nice, and for me one big benefit it has over the Haven rooms is that the bedroom has a slider to the balcony- I love sleeping with the balcony door open (which isn't an option in the Haven rooms because the balcony slider is in the living room).

BUT the Haven rooms are sooooo great. The courtyard/haven area is such a great addition- and the deck above it is really great too. The Haven is a perfect location- right there by Cagney's/Moderno for your breakfast and lunch, and the Star Bar is right there too for your drinks. The bathroom is MUCH better than the 9076 Sun one- a huge tub, shower, two sinks, and everything- and the second bedroom/bath, even if you don't have anyone else with you, makes a great spot to store stuff, hang wet swimsuits, etc. The Haven area also has it's own small steam room, treadmill, and exercise bike RIGHT THERE. It's good to try new things- especially when they are this nice!!!

Thanks! It's nice to see someone who's been in both. Guess I'll be stepping out of my comfort zone and into the great unknown. Life's tough, huh?

We're really looking forward to the Haven and of course my wife is REALLY looking forward to the big bathroom :)

Jim

Jim seems to be fully aware that if choosing the best suite on a cruise ship is his biggest problem then he's doing ok. No need for the "#first world problems" comment. Vacation time and resources are a precious commodity and he just wants to make the best use of both. His question is the exact reason why this forum exists. As long as responses are from positive, kind people, that is...

Jim, I had a similar "dilemma." My husband.and I always cruise aft suites exclusively on Princess and Azamara. Upcoming is our first NCL cruise. We had booked an aft Penthouse suite because we also love the aft view. My Travel Agent came to us with an upgrade offer of $500 total for a forward Haven Owner's Suite, H3. I had your same concerns. Ultimately, I did the upgrade due to the additional amenities and larger living quarters of the Owner's Suite. I know it will be fabulous either way, but if we really miss the aft view then we will just book next time. At least we tried something new and can make an educated decision for future cruises. And who know? Maybe we will both like the forward view even better!

PS I am with your wife, looking forward to the luxurious bathroom and closet/vanity!