New Years Eve

smurf1635

If there is a special menu for NYE, then it will likely not be included in your dining package. But I haven't seen any special occasion/holiday menus in specialty restaurants for Christmas or NYE. It has always just been the regular, everyday menu, so nothing special as far as the dining package is concerned. But reservations may be harder to get on those evenings.

The last time we had a special menu was for Valentine's Day at Le Bistro a couple years ago, and they actually let us use our UDP for that. But even if they hadn't, all the other specialty restaurants had their regular menu, so there would have been plenty of other choices for package holders to eat for no extra charge that evening.

If there is a special menu for NYE, then it will likely not be included in your dining package. But I haven't seen any special occasion/holiday menus in specialty restaurants for Christmas or NYE. It has always just been the regular, everyday menu, so nothing special as far as the dining package is concerned. But reservations may be harder to get on those evenings.

The last time we had a special menu was for Valentine's Day at Le Bistro a couple years ago, and they actually let us use our UDP for that. But even if they hadn't, all the other specialty restaurants had their regular menu, so there would have been plenty of other choices for package holders to eat for no extra charge that evening.

Thank you for the explanation. I'm hoping to get a reservation for Cagneys, and plan to reserve that the minute its available on my vacation planner online. We love Cagneys and dont have any idea what they could possibly add to their menu to make it "special" as it is pretty special to us as it is.

I would hope that when I make my online reservation that I would be alerted to anything that is not the norm.

I'm getting super excited!!!!

Robin

Thank you for the explanation. I'm hoping to get a reservation for Cagneys, and plan to reserve that the minute its available on my vacation planner online. We love Cagneys and dont have any idea what they could possibly add to their menu to make it "special" as it is pretty special to us as it is.

I would hope that when I make my online reservation that I would be alerted to anything that is not the norm.

I'm getting super excited!!!!

Robin

I'll be on a NYE cruise as well. Any idea how many days out reservations open up for us common (non-suite) folks ?

I'll be on a NYE cruise as well. Any idea how many days out reservations open up for us common (non-suite) folks ?
Normally 90 days before sailing, so a couple weeks from now.
I wouldn't necessarily count on that… :o But like I said, I don't think there will be any special menus, so there won't be anything to alert people to anyway. It's a good idea to stop by the restaurant desk on the first day to see if there is anything happening during the cruise that might affect your reservations. There may be some special meals like Jazz Brunch or Murder Mystery Brunch that you might actually be interested in (extra charge). Edited by hawkeyetlse

Very interesting question. We are on the Breakaway for NYE and I didn't even think about this especially with the majority of restaurants now Ala Carte this could get pretty pricey if the SDP isn't valid.

We said we would never go on Royal for NYE after being on the Anthem last year and they were selling a "Limited" number of tables with Champagne packages in each NYE venue and there were almost no venues with spaces without reserved signs so this was tacky in the amount they sold when everyone has already paid a big premium for a NYE cruise already. Don't mind if they sold a few tables, but they sold most every seat.

Not looking for a repeat gouging on NCL, but this dining issue could be how they do it.