Confusion on Your Time Dining

lele100

I'm a bit confused on the set up of YTD, I have been reading that on the Vista if you are Platinum/Diamond you can go straight to the dining room and ask for a table, if you are not then you have to check in on deck 5 first.

What about other ships for YTD, I know there is no check in at a separate area but is there a separate line for Platinum/Diamond? or do you just wait in the regular line? Thanks

I'm a bit confused on the set up of YTD, I have been reading that on the Vista if you are Platinum/Diamond you can go straight to the dining room and ask for a table, if you are not then you have to check in on deck 5 first.

What about other ships for YTD, I know there is no check in at a separate area but is there a separate line for Platinum/Diamond? or do you just wait in the regular line? Thanks

YTD open seating may dine any time in the MDR between 5:45pm & 9:30pm.

Edited by Poobiesofly

There is no separate line on any of the ships I have been on. You just line up like in a restaurant on land and are seated in order of arrival.

This happens 99.9% of the time.

On extremely rare occasions we've been pulled to the front of the line to fill a shared table. The hostess knows we will sit anywhere. (The advantage is sailing the same ship multiple times within a few months.)

When we sailed on the Pride last summer there was only one line for YTD. Most of the time we were seated right away, there were a few times when they gave us a pager and we had to wait about 15 minutes. You can request to sit at the same table each night. We did this since we liked the waitstaff that was working there.

Right now, the Vista is the only ship with "priority" seating for Platinum/Diamond.

Basically, they all work just like a restaurant, you check in and when there is a table they will seat you.

As far as where you check in, I believe that the Sunshine is the only other ship that has a separate check-in location (deck 5). All other ships you check in directly at the dining room.

Right now, the Vista is the only ship with "priority" seating for Platinum/Diamond.

Basically, they all work just like a restaurant, you check in and when there is a table they will seat you.

As far as where you check in, I believe that the Sunshine is the only other ship that has a separate check-in location (deck 5). All other ships you check in directly at the dining room.

So, if you are Platinum/Diamond, how are you prioritized? Do you "jump" the line and go to the desk, or is there a separate line?

There is no separate line on any of the ships I have been on. You just line up like in a restaurant on land and are seated in order of arrival.

So that means if you arrive at a popular time (or right after a popular time when all the tables are already full) you will have a lengthy wait. On our recent cruise on the Imagination, the waits for us, arriving between 8:00-8:15 pm, ranged from 10 minutes to 45 minutes.

The dining room hostesses on some ships will allow small groups to agree to be seated together to shorten the waits, but some will not. The dining room staff on our cruise wasn't doing that.

Edited by GradUT

Just got off the Freedom and did YTD. Worked great for me and only had to wait one night for 20 minutes to get seated. All the other nights no waiting and we didn't have to share a table as there were three of us. Please note that we did go around 6:30 at night and the one night that we had to wait it was 7:15pm. They do give you a pager if you have to wait and they also ask you if you want to share a table. For me I will always choose YTD as I want to eat when I am hungry and not at a set time.