Wanting to do some new things on next cruise in December-not same old-same old-anyone

oldmom

The Crystal Serenity was on the news last night. It pulled in the NY port yesterday after doing this crazy itinerary for a crazy amount of time for a crazy amount of money. There is a major thread about it on the Crystal boards with insane pics.

My parents are on the Serenity next month, I cannot wait to hear all about their cruise.

###

Thanks to all the responses- I guess I should have posted-we cruise out of Florida -for now-so we can drive to the ports to save money-son is using our "fun money" for college-darn him. I'm not bored yet-just looking for a few ideas to try out different things that others have tried out and liked-that I might have missed. We are going to take the Sabor class on Freedom-the last sea day. I don't really gamble-but may try it this time. May try to stay up later or get up earlier-go to the gymn-(ha-ha). Buy the drink package and be buzzed the whole cruise!:rolleyes:

Something we enjoy greatly is the live music on Royal's ships. We check out the Compass and see where there will be live music around the ship in the evenings. Since the entertainers usually change from time to time, it does become something different each time.

We are just off of an Allure cruise, and the music was wonderful in the various venues. We especially enjoy the live music in Central Park each evening. They change the entertainers, so it's someone different each night. The last day there was a group of the band that played Dixieland Jazz at the opening of the Boardwalk. They were just wonderful and interacted with the crowd making it fun.

Often in Schooner Bars, in the evening hours to late night, on Royal's ships, there will be a good interactive entertainer or in the pub as well.

Check out the Compass and see if the ship is offering things you haven't done. Different Cruise Directors will sometimes add activities that others don't have.

What ever activities you decide to do, have a great cruise!

We set in to our routine easily on RC because we have sailed with them many times. But, about 2 cruises ago we decided to do somthing we hadn't really experienced on previous cruises.

On the 1st of these we went to one of the lounges and enjoyed the live music and dancing. On another evening we went to the Mystery Dinner theater.

On our last cruise we went to the aerial show in the Centrum and stayed in an aft cabin. We also did a rum tasting excursion in St. Kitts.

One of the things that makes every cruise different for us is that we have only dupiicated 3 ports. That also keeps things interesting. We have only duplicated departure ports with Bayonne and also duplicated the ship, Explorer.

Good luck with finding new things to see and do. And, enjoy your cruise.

I want to do something totally different on my next cruise! Don't get me wrong- I love to cruise. But I have cruised on similar style ships-Freedom style and Oasis with RCCL many times now-and most of the stuff is almost exactly the same on all my cruises!- getting to be routine -same ports- EXACT same Ice Shows,70s and 80s parties,Prominade, speciallty and MDR menus, Love and Marriage,pool games, etc. I am getting older-so I do enjoy just relaxing and spending time with my husband. We try different cabins and different excursions. Am I expecting too much? (No I am not ready to switch cruise lines-yet and I have done Carnival twice-enjoyed it)We do cruise out of Florida. I wish RCCL would add new shows or something-more often for the frequent cruisers-Yes I know that is expensive to do. Any suggestions for something "new" to do on the ships- I have done the Zip lines and all. I am not the sporty type-like to read, shop, go to movies, eat out-try new drinks- I have done all the specialty restaurants. Just wanting to "change it up" this time-thanks- I know I am so lucky to be able to cruise-just do not want to get bored!

My suggestion is to start looking at different itinerary's. We do something different each time.

:o

I want to do something totally different on my next cruise! Don't get me wrong- I love to cruise. But I have cruised on similar style ships-Freedom style and Oasis with RCCL many times now-and most of the stuff is almost exactly the same on all my cruises!- getting to be routine -same ports- EXACT same Ice Shows,70s and 80s parties,Prominade, speciallty and MDR menus, Love and Marriage,pool games, etc. I am getting older-so I do enjoy just relaxing and spending time with my husband. We try different cabins and different excursions. Am I expecting too much? (No I am not ready to switch cruise lines-yet and I have done Carnival twice-enjoyed it)We do cruise out of Florida. I wish RCCL would add new shows or something-more often for the frequent cruisers-Yes I know that is expensive to do. Any suggestions for something "new" to do on the ships- I have done the Zip lines and all. I am not the sporty type-like to read, shop, go to movies, eat out-try new drinks- I have done all the specialty restaurants. Just wanting to "change it up" this time-thanks- I know I am so lucky to be able to cruise-just do not want to get bored!

Found a 33 day cruise on NCL from Hong Kong to NZ. Jan 17th All around Australia and NZ. Couldn't find anything similar on RC. flying ouit early and then flying back to Sydney..... That's different --at least for me.