Star Princess North to Alaska! Sept 10 2016

Bimmer09

Thank you once again for another fabulous review, I really enjoy reading every post and your photo's are amazing.....I will look out for your next one in January.

Thank you for reading and for the compliments Izabelle!

My Ship Mate countdown says 73 days until our next cruise...

Norris

Hi Norris:

I popped in about mid-way thru to tell you how much I was enjoying this review. I've finished now & wow, so much fun to read! I'll be showing my husband these pictures & reading your other Alaska reports too. I really can't wait until we go in 2018. I think we'll be sailing on Royal instead of Princess though. We'll be sailing with our 17yr. old son (at time of cruise) & I think Royal will be a better fit for that cruise.

I did actually start your 1st Med. trip report last night. I love your pictures of Rome! It brings back such happy memories of our Med cruise in 2014. We also used Rome in Limo & would absolutely recommend them! In fact, I just did to a friend of my husbands and they also came back with glowing reviews of RIL.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Tina

Hi Norris:

I popped in about mid-way thru to tell you how much I was enjoying this review. I've finished now & wow, so much fun to read! I'll be showing my husband these pictures & reading your other Alaska reports too. I really can't wait until we go in 2018. I think we'll be sailing on Royal instead of Princess though. We'll be sailing with our 17yr. old son (at time of cruise) & I think Royal will be a better fit for that cruise.

I did actually start your 1st Med. trip report last night. I love your pictures of Rome! It brings back such happy memories of our Med cruise in 2014. We also used Rome in Limo & would absolutely recommend them! In fact, I just did to a friend of my husbands and they also came back with glowing reviews of RIL.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Tina

Hello again-first Med trip- Venice to Rome on the Ocean Princess? Yes that was a highlight of our cruises up to that time, maybe bettered by our Rome to Barcelona in 2015 one as it gave us a lot of Italy in one week (not complaining about that!)

Royal Caribbean is probably a good fit for your son. You won't get to sail Glacier Bay though but once you visit Alaska you will be back and maybe can sail on Princess next time.

I'm glad you are enjoying my reviews!

Norris

I feel kind of sad and empty like at the end of a vacation; the end of Norris' epic trip report; thank you for much for your pictures, your humor, and letting us escape each day to the ship and Alaska and elsewhere. You know I will be anxiously following along in January. Loved the blurb from Carol. Love the Snowy pic, give her a pat for me. Take care Norris!

I feel kind of sad and empty like at the end of a vacation; the end of Norris' epic trip report; thank you for much for your pictures, your humor, and letting us escape each day to the ship and Alaska and elsewhere. You know I will be anxiously following along in January. Loved the blurb from Carol. Love the Snowy pic, give her a pat for me. Take care Norris!

Sad and empty? That's very touching but our cure for the post cruise blues is ABP...A Always B Be P Planning and although I got to extend my cruise memory by writing the review and seeing the photos I am now in Planning mode for the next and then the one after that.

It was 4 years between our Alaska cruises and for all I know could be 4 more.

Our Caribbean cruises in January are not bucket list items but are convenient and enjoyable winter escapes. Only the Panama Canal would be considered a bucket list.

Norwegian Fjords have been on my bucket list and once I showed them to Carol via Miaminice's review...

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Norway/Norway-07/norway-07.html

they convinced Carol to get excited. So we are planning for that although not until we are on the Reflection as booking onboard gives us small deposits and a raft of perks. If it doesn't happen next August then there's always another year.

I'm glad you tuned into the review each day and enjoyed it.

I'm luckily off work today as the streets of Chicago are a mess as the Cubs are riding through town in a bus and we live by Grant Park where the masses are gathered. 3 helicopters and 2 small planes are circling overhead so it's a good day to look at some shore excursions for January. I'm looking forward to returning to islands I haven't seen since 1986 and this time I am armed with a good camera.

Thanks for your kind comments!

Norris

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I am just popping in to invite those interested to pop over to the Celebrity Board and read my new review of our cruise on the Celebrity Reflection which just ended yesterday in Miami.

Please pop in and say hello (or type it at least) and see what fun we had!

Click this....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52078857#post52078857

Norris

Hi all, I am just popping in to invite those interested to pop over to the Celebrity Board and read my new review of our cruise on the Celebrity Reflection which just ended yesterday in Miami.

Please pop in and say hello (or type it at least) and see what fun we had!

Click this....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52078857#post52078857

Norris

Hello Norris,

Glad to see you had a respite from the Great American Freeze and Flood. I have persuaded my DH to let me book a window suite on the Grand Princess next January, but I'm not sure if I will be able to finagle another short cruise before then. We both love being on the water, however he prefers to be in command of his own little vessel, which right now is a 16' fishing boat with a bucket latrine. :D I will enjoy cruising vicariously in the meantime. :rolleyes:

Hello Norris,

Glad to see you had a respite from the Great American Freeze and Flood. I have persuaded my DH to let me book a window suite on the Grand Princess next January, but I'm not sure if I will be able to finagle another short cruise before then. We both love being on the water, however he prefers to be in command of his own little vessel, which right now is a 16' fishing boat with a bucket latrine. :D I will enjoy cruising vicariously in the meantime. :rolleyes:

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I think the bucket latrines have been considered as cutbacks on some of the lines.

Meantime in my X Reflection review we have indoor plumbing.

Pop on over and see what "Modern Luxury" is all about!

Cheers!

Norris

• 2 months later...
Great review. Thank you!

Thank you! I'm glad you took the time to read it.

I hope you will tune in for my Regal Princess review to New England and Canada. It will show up on the boards on October 22 when we get home to Chicago.

Norris

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you! I'm glad you took the time to read it.

I hope you will tune in for my Regal Princess review to New England and Canada. It will show up on the boards on October 22 when we get home to Chicago.

Norris

I just finished reading all 43 pages and love, love, love your review, humorous comments, and photos! We are going on Princess in July North to Alaska, and now I am really pumped about our upcoming cruise. Our third time to Alaska, but your review has me thinking that maybe it is time to buy a better lens for my Canon Rebel... and actually figure out how to use it ahead of time. We are flying to Chicago next week to see the grandkids, followed by a road trip. I could experiment with it then.

Enjoy your New England/Canada cruise. We have done that the last three Octobers and thoroughly enjoyed each trip.

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful wonderful read and pictures! Thank you so much for all the work you put into this review. Our first cruise to Alaska was 18 years ago. I didn't think I would like it and I was correct, I loved it! We are going back next year, May 2018, and also will be on our first Princess cruise (Coral). I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Alaska through your eyes and I am super excited for our cruise. Now let me do a little house work and then I can get on to reading another of your reviews.

• 3 weeks later...
What a wonderful wonderful read and pictures! Thank you so much for all the work you put into this review. Our first cruise to Alaska was 18 years ago. I didn't think I would like it and I was correct, I loved it! We are going back next year, May 2018, and also will be on our first Princess cruise (Coral). I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing Alaska through your eyes and I am super excited for our cruise. Now let me do a little house work and then I can get on to reading another of your reviews.

Laura, thanks for taking the (considerable) time to read the Star Princess report. I'm glad you found it useful. The Coral was our first Princess ship and was a great introduction to the brand.

The Star was our third Alaska cruise in just over 5 years and there will no doubt be a fourth at some time. You have much to look forward to!

Cheers,

Norris

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Norris, this is such a welcome-read during our Covid-19 shut in time! I had already read  and enjoyed your more recent Celebrity and  Azamara threads but am glad I didn't read all of your reviews because it is so nice to visit reviews of happier times. We will get back there again some day!

Thank you for all of your great pictures and stories.