Entertainment vs. Cruise Director

amsred2

I am one of those that think the CD makes a difference in the tone of a cruise and I try to attend all the events when I know the host is good.

I have never been on a ship with both entertainment and cruise directors but am sailing next month on the Imagination with both. (It seems a small ship to have both???)

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you who have sailed with a duo could tell me what the difference is and how it changes the cruise events?

the entertainment director does more of the behind the scenes work with planning and scheduling the events

if there is no entertainment director, the cruise director will have to do this which might reduce the amount of time they have to meet/interact with the guests/passengers.

The CD has never had much of an impact on my cruises one way or another.

I totally agreed, even thought they were the most overrated part of a cruise, until our last cruise on the Pride with CD Leigh X. he was actually funny and made a difference.

I totally agreed, even thought they were the most overrated part of a cruise, until our last cruise on the Pride with CD Leigh X. he was actually funny and made a difference.

I was the same way...I never really noticed the CD's until I had a great one that really added that special pizazz. Now I find myself rating them. While a so-so CD doesn't impact my cruise in any negative way, a great one really enhances it.

On our first cruise (on Valor, southern route) Felipe was our CD and Hugo was the Entertainment Director. We saw Hugo a lot more than we saw Felipe, but we heard Felipe. He did the announcements and such. He was at the Welcome Aboard show, but truthfully we didn't really see much of him. We saw Hugo a lot more. He was doing all the fun little games on the Lido deck and we spent most of our free time there. We really enjoyed Hugo and Felipe both.

On our 2nd cruise, same route but on Liberty, and it was still supposed to be Felipe. He was at the CD conference so we had Classy Cassie instead. We didn't care much for her. We didn't really even see her. I don't remember the name of the Entertainment Director that time...CD/ED didn't do anything to enhance our cruise.

On our most recent cruise on Splendor, we had Chloe Loddo as our CD. There wasn't an Entertainment Director that I recall at all, just the CD. Chloe was everywhere! I swear she cloned herself. I don't understand how she could possibly have the energy she had. She really made the cruise extra fun! We felt like we saw her so much that by the time we left we felt like we had to say goodbye to a new friend. She was so much fun, so memorable, so approachable...we are really hoping to cruise with her again some day!

I never realized there was an entertainment director.

Not all ships have them.

On our most recent cruise on Splendor, we had Chloe Loddo as our CD. There wasn't an Entertainment Director that I recall at all, just the CD. Chloe was everywhere! I swear she cloned herself. I don't understand how she could possibly have the energy she had. She really made the cruise extra fun! We felt like we saw her so much that by the time we left we felt like we had to say goodbye to a new friend. She was so much fun, so memorable, so approachable...we are really hoping to cruise with her again some day!

Thanks for the review. I'll be on the Splendor in a few weeks and she's scheduled to be our CD. I'll keep an eye out for her.

John Heald just talked about that this morning. The entertainment directors do take care of behind the scenes including employee issues. I know that next week that they will all be in Ft. Lauderdale for a convention. I will be on a cruise and I hope it doesn't take away from the cruise director being around. I never really pay attention to the cruise directors. However, sailed the Freedom last month and Malcolm was AMAZING. I went to things that I wouldn't normally go to just because of him. I also heard that Mike Pack is amazing and will find out next week.