Thoughts on the Havana Section

hbrote

I just got back from Europe and we are finally catching up on some things. I really wanted to report on the Havana Section of the new Vista. We booked a Havana Suite and it was very nice but there were a few things we missed from an Ocean Suite. The layout of the Havana Suite places a place to relax with sofa and chair with “Dressing Table” next to the lani. This is where the hair dryer is located and it is not to convenient for the woman ion your life. Other than using the hair dryer and storing stuff on the desk we never used this space. The bath was great and had an awesome shower and I really loved it. There is less closet space than an Ocean Suite and all of the storage is here next to the bed. In the Ocean Suite a small dressing table with closets is adjacent to the bath and more closet next to the bed. This layout works much better. The Havana Section is G R E A T and you always were able to find a seat and was much quieter than the Lido Deck. Everything in the Havana section was fine until 7PM when it was opened to the entire ship. There were lines of people waiting to use the pool and hot tube (one was broken the entire trip). It was a little like the scene from “Caddyshack” when the pool was open for the caddies. Cannon balls in the Hot Tubs, a few drunks wondering around the lani's and it was not very enjoyable. I believe Carnival will have to address before they head to the Caribbean as I can see some major problems happening. They had already moved the time it opened to the entire ship from 5PM to 7PM but would hope they go back to the original plans where the pool area is for Havana guest only. The attention provided by the staff in the Havana Bar was fantastic.

Anyway, just my opinion.....

Thank you for this information. We have a Havana "balcony" booked for a B2B in January and I am eager to experience this area for myself. I am a little concerned about the privacy of my patio after 7 PM, but I figure I will really enjoy the Havana pool area during the day. I hope you had a good trip!

Thank you for this information. We have a Havana "balcony" booked for a B2B in January and I am eager to experience this area for myself. I am a little concerned about the privacy of my patio after 7 PM, but I figure I will really enjoy the Havana pool area during the day. I hope you had a good trip!

By the time she gets to Miami, Havana should be 24 hr exclusive. Too many complaints adding up, they read these complaints on the forums as well as the post cruise surveys and Havana is a new concept they don't want to fail.

Horizon could have an expanded Havana, possibly a whole deck of Havana cabins, imagine the extra revenue carnival could generate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think certainly there will be all access the first day, much like there is for the spa, Family Harbor, etc.. Basic marketing. Let people know what is available.

I stayed in a Havana suite as well in August. They did not open for everyone, even the first day. I saw two guys without wristbands get asked to leave who were on the promenade deck by the Havana private patios. Probably a good thing. On the following cruise, a lady said that Carnival did open it to everyone the first day, and it caused a lot of confusion the next. People didn't understand why they couldn't come back when they had enjoyed the area the first day of the cruise.

On our 12 day Med cruise, it was the last time the Havana area opened at 5:00. People started lining up at 4:30 and by 5:02, the place was packed. Fortunately, we never had anyone walking past our our patio. Maybe it was too early for the drunks?

hbrote, we are booked in a Havana suite for 2018, one question I have is how was the noise from the bar at night in the room? That's my only concern other than the massive crowds in the evenings...and if you have any pictures, can you please share?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hbrote, we are booked in a Havana suite for 2018, one question I have is how was the noise from the bar at night in the room? That's my only concern other than the massive crowds in the evenings...and if you have any pictures, can you please share?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There was no noise AT ALL in the Havana suite when I sailed in August. At night, you could barely hear the music from the Havana bar out on the patio. I think the only people who are complaining of noise are those staying in a Havana cabin on decks 6 and 7. Those cabins were added as Havana cabins much later, probably didn't get the soundproofing that the others did.

Horizon could have an expanded Havana, possibly a whole deck of Havana cabins, imagine the extra revenue carnival could generate.

Carnival is following NCL and other cruises model by having an exclusive area that is open available to certain amount of people that pay extra money for access. NCL has the Haven/Vibe Beach Club , Carnival now has Havana, i think Celebrity might have something.

Thanks!

There was no noise from the Havana Bar at all and they were playing till 11PM most nights. Hope that helps.

There was no noise AT ALL in the Havana suite when I sailed in August. At night, you could barely hear the music from the Havana bar out on the patio. I think the only people who are complaining of noise are those staying in a Havana cabin on decks 6 and 7. Those cabins were added as Havana cabins much later, probably didn't get the soundproofing that the others did.

My fears of this too have been alleviated. We have 5233 in February 2017 and I was concerned about the band at night but have heard (no pun intended) that you can't hear anything. So excited for this cabin...

My fears of this too have been alleviated. We have 5233 in February 2017 and I was concerned about the band at night but have heard (no pun intended) that you can't hear anything. So excited for this cabin...

And I was in suite #5235, right next to yours. So I can guarantee you will be fine. if you have any questions AT ALL, please feel free to ask me. I actually did a review on Cruise Critic on the Havana Suite and my cruise. There had been so much negative speculation about these cabins, I wasn't sure what I was getting. But it was absolutely fabulous!

Edited by SweetCruiser39

And I was in suite #5235, right next to yours. So I can guarantee you will be fine. if you have any questions AT ALL, please feel free to ask me. I actually did a review on Cruise Critic on the Havana Suite and my cruise. There had been so much negative speculation about these cabins, I wasn't sure what I was getting. But it was absolutely fabulous!

You and I have talked about this on another thread. In fact, you were the one who alleviated my fears and said we could have been neighbors. I am thoroughly excited for the HC experience.

The wife and I have Havana 5231 booked for the January 28, 2017 eight day sailing. I was glad to read that Carnival changed the 'open' time till 7pm. Hopefully, it will become a private area like NCL has in the Haven.

I am driving my wife crazy with anticipation....she is not aware I upgraded to Havana from deck 8 aft balcony.

We are in 5237 in Feb and can't wait!!..I would be extremely happy if they make this area exclusive 😊. .we left Carnival in 2009 and have sailed other lines since..decided to come back specifically because of this area..can't wait to give Carnival another try,especially in a Havana Cabana!

SweetCruiser39, we are in 5235 next summer. What did you think of the lanai and people walking by and looking in? Any issues? Any tips for the suite?

Oh yes, I remember our conversation!

As for people walking by my lanai, it just didn't happen enough to think much about it. There is no reason for people not staying in those cabins to do so. The deck area outside of the private Havana patios can only be entered from the public promenade deck by key card. Folks coming from the Havana pool after 7 can exit there, but I guess most people leave the same way they came in, through the Havana Bar.

I was on my patio A LOT! I LOVED it. So I would have noticed if there had been any people walking by. I did step onto my patio one day to see a lady kind of peeking in, but when she saw me, she just said she was curious about these cabins and asked how I liked it. I had no problem telling her all about it and opening up my sliding door so she could kind of see. But there is a really thick curtain you can pull, so it's as private as you want it to be. When you sit in the swing, your side neighbors can't even see you because of the wood partition that shields you from your neighbors.

I don't know why, but I felt completely safe in these cabins. Most of the time, I didn't even close my patio door when I went to the pool, which is just steps away. We were back and forth between the pool area and my patio constantly on sea days.

We have 5233 November 5th. After reading this post i'm now more concerned about people wandering around the outer deck than noise from the club. I plan to do a review. Will take lots of pics for you. :)

The wife and I have Havana 5231 booked for the January 28, 2017 eight day sailing. I was glad to read that Carnival changed the 'open' time till 7pm. Hopefully, it will become a private area like NCL has in the Haven.

I am driving my wife crazy with anticipation....she is not aware I upgraded to Havana from deck 8 aft balcony.

Rats, if we were on the same cruise, we would be neighbors. We will call 5233 home for 8 days in Feb.

I also really hope Carnival makes this area for Havana Customers only. We have Suite 5235 in Jan. We just came back from a Pride cruise. I felt so badly for some of the workers. They tried keeping the Serenity area for adults and got totally ignored by some people. The workers had people speak so nasty to them it was horrible. If Carnival keeps this for Havana customer it will stop these people who work so hard from being abused.

We have 5233 November 5th. After reading this post i'm now more concerned about people wandering around the outer deck than noise from the club. I plan to do a review. Will take lots of pics for you. :)

Luv that VistaSista name! It's funny what one person worries about compared to another. I have no issue with wandering people. It makes it more fun to people watch. And as far as privacy goes, as SweetCruiser 39 says there is a privacy curtain.

And it will be fun to be on our patio/lanai and have the jealous folks curious. :)