Shared shuttle service to cape liberty

louanddave

Which shared van shuttle service is operating and/or offering this - best to avoid the big blue vans a/k/a "Super Shuttles" that's popular on the West Coast?

How many is in your group & # of luggages, arrival time/day of week into JFK/LGA - as these shared a ride can making multiple stops, increasingly the odds of traffic delays & extra waiting time before getting you directly to CL for boarding ... without making other stops in Jersey City, etc. on the other side of the Hudson River.

More details you can share - better we can offer advice & opinions, as we have plenty of expertise on CL. Flying into the port city on day of embarkation is not advisable and we assumed that flights into EWR or Newark Int'l are out of the questions, for whatever reasons. As a general rule, minimum 3 to 4 hours transit time recommended for getting from JFK/LGA to CL terminal (please also read the LGA 411 thread/sticky) ... Car service like Carmel & Dial7 are your best value options for virtually door-to-door, curbside-to-curbside services, and worth that extra $50 or so spend & time saved, relative to the overall costs & expenses for most cruises.

Edited by mking8288

Good Morning,

Does anyone recommend a shared shuttle (van) service from

LaGuardia or JFK t Cape Liberty?

The private cars seem expensive, but if that is the best way to go,

then I believe Call 7 and Carmel are both good.

Thanks!

You mention both LGA and JFK, which indicates you have perhaps not finalized your flight reservations. Is EWR not an option?

IMO if you fly in the day of your cruise you should be on the earliest possible flight and have travel insurance that covers your entire trip for both p flights and the cruise.

The private cars are expensive - more so from LGA and JFK than EWR. In addition you are doing this on a Thursday, which means you need to get to Cape Liberty AT LEAST 90 minutes before sail time.

I appreciate all your help

This certainly is a bit of a challenge compared to Florida departures, but I am

sure well worth it.

The reason we are flying into LGA and out of JFK, is that we are traveling from different cities and tried to get the best "meet up" times.

It was impossible for Newark

Thanks again

I appreciate all your help

This certainly is a bit of a challenge compared to Florida departures, but I am

sure well worth it.

The reason we are flying into LGA and out of JFK, is that we are traveling from different cities and tried to get the best "meet up" times.

It was impossible for Newark

Thanks again

What time are you all supposed to meet? I don't see any option other than a car service. What are you going to do if one if your flights is late? They take the 90 minute TSA deadline very seriously and you will be denied boarding if you don't make it.