Pearl aft/aft-facing deck 11 mini-suite..

chill6x6

So considering a cruise aboard the Pearl. Really would prefer a deck 10 aft facing suite but none available. So that leads me to a deck 11 mini-suite. Aft-facing or as least from the first bank of elevators aft. The cabin layout looks fine. Balcony not as large as I'd like but it's okay. Those of you that have stayed in these cabins...any cause for concern, likes/dislikes? Main concern for me I guess would be possible noise from above.

Thanks in advance! :)

I've stayed in one of the Jade, and we liked it so much that we have it booked again for next year.

The balcony is smaller, as you say, but it's still a decent size. The extra room inside, and access to the balcony when the sofa bed is being used mean it works better for us than the balconies.

Generally we had no problem with any noise from above. One night we did hear music, but when I went up to see what it was, there was no music being played up there. I never did find out where it came from, but it probably affected the other aft rooms as well.

Otherwise, no noise at all. The great outdoors is never particularly noisy, especially in the morning or later in the evening. There was a band playing out there once during the day, but we weren't in the room at the time, so I don't know whether that sound would have travelled.

I just booked an aft facing balcony on the Pearl. None available on NCL site. I called to confirm and they had none. I tried a couple of Internet TAs and found one and booked it last night. The cruise is 250 days away and all AFBs are booked. There are still some aft facing suites, but they cost $1,000 more.

I just booked an aft facing balcony on the Pearl. None available on NCL site. I called to confirm and they had none. I tried a couple of Internet TAs and found one and booked it last night. The cruise is 250 days away and all AFBs are booked. There are still some aft facing suites, but they cost $1,000 more.

I booked an aft corner suite on her for Dec. 2017. I wanted a deck 9 SF but all that was available was deck 8, or an handicap accessible SF on deck 9. And that was at over 460 days out! I'm a little worried about the evening noise from the new Bliss lounge on deck 7. Might have to stay out and party a little later.

I had checked every way I know how...all deck 10 AND 9 SFs are spoken for for my cruise date...hence the question about the deck 11 mini suites.

KeithJenner...

Do you remember which mini suite you stayed in?

Thanks!

It is different from the others in that the bed is near the balcony, which is our preference. I believe it is the only one on the ship which is that way round.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this site! Just booked 11650 for a May 2017 Alaska cruise that our adult kids will be coming along on - couldn't resist their Free at Sea program!

Would love some knowledgable opinions on how well 2 adults, 2 young adults (20s), a wheelchair, and a power scooter will fit in that room. My son is very sociable so I expect he won't be in the room much except to sleep, and I hope my daughter will get out and meet people as well but she is very shy. I hope to spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony watching the gorgeous scenery. I live in WY so bringing along a warm coat won't be a problem! lol

I love this site! Just booked 11650 for a May 2017 Alaska cruise that our adult kids will be coming along on - couldn't resist their Free at Sea program!

Would love some knowledgable opinions on how well 2 adults, 2 young adults (20s), a wheelchair, and a power scooter will fit in that room. My son is very sociable so I expect he won't be in the room much except to sleep, and I hope my daughter will get out and meet people as well but she is very shy. I hope to spend a lot of time sitting on the balcony watching the gorgeous scenery. I live in WY so bringing along a warm coat won't be a problem! lol

Here's a video I found on YouTube of the same cabin on the Gem, a sister ship of the Pearl. I hope others who have sailed in a mini suite will comment on the sleeping situation for the two young adults.

Have a great cruise!