Breakaway elegant night?

Sea Legs

The closest you'll get is Norwegian Night Out when passengers can dress up or not. You'll see people in everything from shorts to (a few) tuxedos.

Gentlemen are required to wear slacks (not shorts) in Le Bistro and one of the MDRs every night. Otherwise on NCL, it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an elegant night on the Breakaway?

If you're asking if you can dress up..if YOU want to...then the answer is "Yes". Each and every night can be elegant night...and it is totally your decision.

If you're asking if NCL will ask you to dress up, then the answer is always "No". Not on any night, not in any venue, not on any ship...ever.

As long as you are in resort casual or better, NCL does not care what you wear.

Most people make an effort to dress up [a little] at night. Like going out for dinner at home or going out to a club.

And,,,, yes,,, there are those who enjoy the full freestyle and only bring shorts and t-shirts on the cruise which is totally acceptable.

NCL will tell you "Dress Up,,,, or Not".

The above posters are correct, but to be more accurate, the "Dress up or not" night is generally the second night (first at-sea day after leaving home port). That's when NCL has the photographers all over the ship. That would also be the best night to schedule your specialty dining at Le Bistro or Ocean Blue to kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks for the feedback! I will still bring a dress but not as "dressy" as I would normally wear on "formal night". Going to skip the sport coat for my DH....maybe even the tie. Won't get an argument from him and less to pack.

I suggest that if you want to go through the presentation line to meet the officers of the ship you should "dress-up" they will be wearing their "full dress" uniform and you should not insult them by showing up in shorts and a tee shirt. I don't have too many other times to put on my tux so why not.

I suggest that if you want to go through the presentation line to meet the officers of the ship you should "dress-up" they will be wearing their "full dress" uniform and you should not insult them by showing up in shorts and a tee shirt. I don't have too many other times to put on my tux so why not.

They do not care what you wear if you go to the captain's photo op. Dressing up certainly is fine but always optional on NCL.