Online check in help for foreign passport holder

RC Dancers

We are trying to help a friend do her online check-in for a three day cruise from San Pedro to Ensenada. The website will not allow the immigration information to be completed without a Visa number. We checked on the Mexican consulate website which indicated that she doesn't need a Visa for a stay under 72 hours.

We called Princess and the rep insisted that a Visa is necessary.

We sent an e-mail to customer service and have not received a reply.

We are kind of bewildered at this point and wonder if anyone on this board has some helpful advice.

Thanks

Are you sure it's a visa number for Mexico, not the US, they want? I'm thinking that maybe they need to put in the number of their approved ESTA application.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what an ESTA application is, but this person is a legal resident of the United States.

If Mexico offers online visa, I would just get one and not worry about it. If they require something else, it might be good to call the consulate in Los Angeles and maybe get something in writing about what they require

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The consular website says that visa applications must be done in person which is a three hour round trip without traffic. And who knows how long it would take at the consulate.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what an ESTA application is, but this person is a legal resident of the United States.

O.K., that is a completely different thing. I am a German citizen and US resident myself, and all I have ever had to enter is my Green Card number.

ESTA is a mandatory visa pre-approval for visitors from the visa waiver countries, like Germany, that has to be completed online before they travel to the US.

Non-US passport holders here, and we've never had to enter other country's visa info when doing online check-in. The online check-in asks us for a US visa number if doing a cruise that includes a US stop or originates/ends in usa, otherwise there's nowhere to out in any visa info. At least not on any of the 4 cruises we have booked for the next 9 months.

And when cruising to Mexico, we've never had to enter any Mexican visa info, and we come from a country that requires a Mexican visa, unless visiting direct from the USA (such as your friend is doing).

What passport does your friend hold? Are they a green card holder or some other type of visa in USA? Where is it asking for a Mexican visa - and what exactly does it say? Maybe a Screenshot by any chance?

Edited by reedprincess

O.K., that is a completely different thing. I am a German citizen and US resident myself, and all I have ever had to enter is my Green Card number.

ESTA is a mandatory visa pre-approval for visitors from the visa waiver countries, like Germany, that has to be completed online before they travel to the US.

Thank you, we will enter the Green Card number. It's unfortunate that the Princess rep could not be as helpful.