Early Saver rates and Travel Agents

dd likes to cruise

With the Carnival Early Saver rates, can they be booked with travel agents? Or only directly with Carnival?

Only been on Carnival once and it was with a group, so not familiar with their rates, sales, etc.

Yes you can book with a TA.

You CAN book ES through a TA but personally I would not recommend it. From personal experience, I will never book ES through a TA. I had problems whenever I found a price drop. Such as, I could see it but TA would say I wasn't eligible, would have to fight her for a price drop. Another TA wanted to charge a fee everytime there was a price drop. Another problem was trying to get a hold of the TA when you seen the price drop, that was always a hassle.

When booking Carnival ES now I only book through Carnival.

My TA saw the price drop one week ago, while I was adding a 3rd person to one of our rooms. She told me about; I had no idea.. AND added the extra 50.00 OBC credit to each room, that Carnival was running a special on that day. This is in addition to the 50.00 OBC per room she gives, for total of 100.00 per room. There was no extra charge either.

With the Carnival Early Saver rates, can they be booked with travel agents? Or only directly with Carnival?

Only been on Carnival once and it was with a group, so not familiar with their rates, sales, etc.

Yes you can use a TA and much depends on the TA you choose. I have had some very good TA's and some not so good. In addition, even with a good TA, you still need to review pricing on your own every once in awhile to make sure you are getting the best price and updates. I think of it as a team project. It has saved me several hundred dollars.

My experience using a TA with an ES booking was not good. I saw the price drop and tried to contact the TA to get the price difference. It was a protracted cat-and-mouse effort trying to catch him. Finally, I had to contact another agent to get it done. Fortunately, the lower rate was still in effect. So now, if I book ES, I do it myself.

A TA is very helpful and definitely worth it for the additional knowledge. Just make sure to find out if there is a fee to make changes to a booking. If so, they should disclose that to you in the very beginning.

Some will charge for their services but not all. The commission earned for cruises is fairly small. Just make sure you find out in advance. Best of luck!

You will want to make sure you have good TA. While there are those that may charge a fee, or not track price drops, many of us keep up with price drops and try to find lower prices for clients, as a customer service. I'd personally rather have a happy client that might book again, than a higher commission.