Just for fun: What do you "count-down" to embarkation?

RMLincoln

Count down to when we order the air port shuttle. When to haul the suite cases down & start laying stuff out on the spare bed on what to pack when, will I need this before the cruise or can it go in the suite case? Hoping the Cdn $ goes up before we have to buy US $

Allan

Mainly I count meals I have to cook!:eek:

Talking about haircuts, I'm getting desperate - must get one in the next day or two or I will definitely have to wait until we are on board - and then I will probably need two on board as we will be away for 7 weeks. I did get a haircut on the Maasdam once, it was okay, I just told the girl to take off half an inch all over. She had been highly recommended by others on board, and she had done ready fancy haircuts on them, which they loved, but I just wanted the "same old, same old" and she was okay with that. I found the prices reasonable.

Since I follow a cruise now, pay later philosophy, I count payments until my last cruise is paid off (Please no lectures on financial responsibility, interest rates, etc. It works for me.) My only rule requires the last one is fully paid for before I embark on the next. Admittedly, this time its gonna be tight!

Mainly I count meals I have to cook!:eek:

Talking about haircuts, I'm getting desperate - must get one in the next day or two or I will definitely have to wait until we are on board - and then I will probably need two on board as we will be away for 7 weeks. I did get a haircut on the Maasdam once, it was okay, I just told the girl to take off half an inch all over. She had been highly recommended by others on board, and she had done ready fancy haircuts on them, which they loved, but I just wanted the "same old, same old" and she was okay with that. I found the prices reasonable.

I'm with you on how many meals to prepare! I'm down to 6 suppers! Whoo-who!

Went to town yesterday for a whole bunch of stuff (12 hours day, ugh) but got my haircut, asked for the "8 week" cut! But if I feel the need to get it cut onboard becasue of the tropical sticky heat I'm glad to know you found it reasonable. Thanks Ann! m--

Since I follow a cruise now, pay later philosophy, I count payments until my last cruise is paid off (Please no lectures on financial responsibility, interest rates, etc. It works for me.) My only rule requires the last one is fully paid for before I embark on the next. Admittedly, this time its gonna be tight!

As long as it works for you! May you have many more cruises to countdown! m--