MSC MDR Menu

Stdavids

Hi Everyone,

We are due to go on the Fantasia in March on the Dubai/Emirates itinerary, I had a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with;

Firstly, does anyone have any photos of the MDR menus that are likely to be on the Fantasia?

Secondly, my parents will be with us and I'm a bit worried the food may be not quite what they expect! I was wondering if when you order the main dishes/entrees can you order extra sides to go with them such as potatoes and fries?

Thanks for your help!

Paul.

There's no problem ordering extras, be it sides, appetisers, mains or desserts.

There are generally seven courses in the MDR: Appetisers, soup, salad, pasta/risotto, mains, dessert, cheese plate. There will be a fish dish, meat offering and vegetarian option for the main course. These change every night but there is an 'Always Available' list which includes salmon, chicken and "beef palliard" which is akin to a cheap steak cut. If there isn't anything on the menu that appeals, have a word with your table waiter. It is sometimes possible to go off menu, though you usually have to give them a day's notice.

Edited by Beamafar

There's no problem ordering extras, be it sides, appetisers, mains or desserts.

There are generally seven courses in the MDR: Appetisers, soup, salad, pasta/risotto, mains, dessert, cheese plate. There will be a fish dish, meat offering and vegetarian option for the main course. These change every night but there is an 'Always Available' list which includes salmon, chicken and "beef palliard" which is akin to a cheap steak cut. If there isn't anything on the menu that appeals, have a word with your table waiter. It is sometimes possible to go off menu, though you usually have to give them a day's notice.

Thanks for the quick reply Bea, if anyone has Fantasia MDR menu photos, it would be much appreciated.

Can't wait for the cruise, we only booked it yesterday!

The menus will vary from ship to ship and depending on itinerary so, even if photos of menus are posted (and there are numerous on the forum, here) they may not reflect the ones that will be available on your cruise. Suffice to say that, as a picky eater, I have never had a problem with the food in the MDR.