The little chocolates...

I'm guessing that more people chucked them than ate them. If I recall they were pretty low end and waxy and we chucked them. If we were in the majority, it's no wonder it was something they would cut. Just like airlines cut mystery food in most flights. It all ended up going to waste.

It's not just the cost of the chocolates but shipping them, etc. I'm guessing they were closer to five cents a piece, and a million dollars a year is a significant line item, regardless of the gross revenue.

Maybe I am in the minority, but they were really good - I think they may have been Andes?

Or, you could pay $5000 for a suite just to get the chocolate!? Just kidding but suites do still get the chocolate or at least we did a couple cruises ago. I know that is subject to change also. Things change but we still love to cruise...chocolate or not!

Never seen chocolates on pillow and most of my cruises are in JS or GS. We did get chocolate strawberries and cheese plates almost daily.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Or, you could pay $5000 for a suite just to get the chocolate!? Just kidding but suites do still get the chocolate or at least we did a couple cruises ago. I know that is subject to change also. Things change but we still love to cruise...chocolate or not!

Grand Suite passengers haven't gotten chocolates in several years.

Grand Suite passengers haven't gotten chocolates in several years.

over the last few years we've been in JS, GS, OS, and CLS, and never gotten pillow chocolates.

disney just changed from junky cheapo chocolates to ghirardelli chocolates on your bed every night. of course, their cruises also generally cost about twice what royal's do.

i am a big chocolate fan, but honestly i don't miss the bedtime chocolates. there is plenty of chocolate to be found on the ship. not that i won't enjoy my disney ghirardellis next year. :) but it doesn't really bother me to not have them.

disney just changed from junky cheapo chocolates to ghirardelli chocolates on your bed every night. of course, their cruises also generally cost about twice what royal's do.

My niece wants to go on Disney in 2018, I am already getting night terrors over the thought cruising in a balcony on Disney for the price of a Grand Suite or Owner Suite on Royal.

I'll tell you were Disney can put their pillow chocolates.....

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

I wish companies like RCCL would understand that it's always better to reduce costs that are not so blatantly obvious to the customer. When you've had those little chocolates on the bed for 10 cruises and then POOF they're gone, the customer IS going to notice. There are many ways to reduce costs that are not immediately visible to the customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[

Fake chocolates have been gone for years.

• 3 weeks later...
A funny little story:

After the chocolates were discontinued, DH & I were cruising in cabin next to our cruise friends. I brought a small bag of Hershey miniatures and had the stateroom attendant put one on each of their pillows during 'turn down' service. On the 3rd night at dinner they mentioned they were still getting chocolates. I became indignant and wanted to know why we weren't getting them. 2 nights after that, at dinner I said, "Soo, are you STILL getting chocolates??" They said they didn't want to upset us so hadn't mentioned that they were still getting them. That was it. DH & I started to laugh and explain that the chocolates were from us. Fun stuff. We cruise in 4 weeks next to them again (different cruiseline). I need to think of a new 'sneaky'.

you could learn how to make towel animals:)

I never liked them (my husband did and ate both of ours) but it was a nice touch. With them gone, that gives me an excuse to buy a box of Godiva to take on the trip. We each have a piece before bed and they're guaranteed to be tasty!

but what i missed were the daily towel animals. We got about 3 during the week instead of every night.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

I think that has more to do with the cabin steward. We traveled with a group of about 45 last Dec and in talking about towel animals had all sorts of responses. Some had NO animals, some had a few (us :( ), and some had them each night. Was on cruise to Alaska last month and we had one everynight.