Celebrity Reflection

CurlyLo

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are going on our very first cruise with Celebrity Reflection November 5, 2016 to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Never having been on a cruise before are there any recommendations of things not to do or must do?? We are porting at Cozumel, Mexico, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti

We haven't booked any excursions because we just wanted to see each place and see what it has to offer for future reference.

Looking for any and all input!! Thanks

Edited by CurlyLo

Get a guidebook from your library on your ports...the more you know about where you're going, the better time you will have! And, since so many things are easy to do on your own, you can save a bundle if you don't need excursions!

Labadee is the private beach, so it's like being on the ship, but on dry land! You will charge everything you purchase (except for the local "straw markets) to your shipboard account. Lunch is served on the beach, and you can come and go whenever you want. Long chairs are everywhere, sun or shade....different beach areas.... No real need to do ANY excursions there, although they certainly have plenty of things that will part you from you money....your choice!!

My opinion only, but the worst thing you can do is stress too much about your first cruise! Until you've actually been on one, you really don't know what they're all about.

People think they have ruined it if they don't take an excursion in every port, try every new thing, taste every menu offering, etc. Of course you want to do all those things. We all do. :p

BUT.... don't stress yourself to try to do it all. My best advice for first time cruisers is just relax and enjoy whatever happens. Let the joy of doing something new envelop you and just go with the flow. You'll learn the ropes as you go, learn what works for you and what doesn't, what you enjoy and what you don't. This is all valuable experience.

Because there's one thing I know for sure... your first cruise will not be your last! You'll be planning your next one before you ever finish the first one. :D

That's when you can start to focus on new adventures in new ports, what to pack and what to leave at home, because you won't be cruising newbies anymore, and you'll be back here offering advice to other first-timers. ;)

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are going on our very first cruise with Celebrity Reflection November 5, 2016 to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Never having been on a cruise before are there any recommendations of things not to do or must do?? We are porting at Cozumel, Mexico, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti

We haven't booked any excursions because we just wanted to see each place and see what it has to offer for future reference.

Looking for any and all input!! Thanks

Most important in my mind is to recognize staff by name, especially wait staff and bartenders. You will be rewarded with a more pleasant experience. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums