Spring break cruise- Freedom or Oasis with TEENS???

LeCricket

Hi! I'm looking at two cruises and trying to decide which to book, please give your thoughts if you have cruised both ships, especially if you have spring break/teen experience.

8 nights E. Caribbean on Freedom. FLL-Labadee-San Juan-St. Maarten-St.Kitts

Vs.

7 nights E. Caribbean on Oasis. ORL-Nassau-St. Thomas-St. Maarten

Both are the first week of April, so right during spring break. I know it will be super crowded! :( Our girls are 13 and 16. We have cruised on Freedom and LOVED it. Never cruised on Oasis. I know Oasis is bigger than Freedom but does it feel less crowded during very busy times? My girls are big FlowRider freaks. I see that Oasis has two whereas Freedom has one. That's good. Are they in two different locations?

I'd like to also add that we are beach people. We like to visit the beach at ports. Lay out and hopefully snorkel. We have been to St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Loved them both. Don't know about beaches in Nassau or San Juan though. Nassau just doesn't seem too safe and seems like most people tour the city of San Juan. Thoughts on that?

Thanks!

:) We have two teenage boys and for our two teenage boys the oasis would win hands down every time, nothing we have been on since the oasis compares for them but then saying that, my boys dont want to get of the ship as it has too much to offer especially sportwise for them :)

:) We have two teenage boys and for our two teenage boys the oasis would win hands down every time, nothing we have been on since the oasis compares for them but then saying that, my boys dont want to get of the ship as it has too much to offer especially sportwise for them :)

Sportwise, there's not much difference between Oasis (and Allure) and Freedom IMO. Add a flowrider (only one on Freedom), and the Zipline (not really "sporting"), but everything else is the same... sport court, rock climbing, mini golf, and ice skating. Is there something I'm missing?

Sounds like you might have already decided on Freedom but that would be my choice too. Sailed Freedom and the sister Voyager class ships several times and Allure once. Allure was fine but didn't love it and wouldn't pay more for it (which is usually the case).

IMO it doesn't really have anything that Freedom doesn't, it just has more of it but it also has more people ... IE it has 2 flowriders, Freedom has 1 .. but they both have flowriders, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Oasis,oasis,oasis...hands down.... Ive been on both twice and Oasis burys freedom on things to do and just the over all ship.. No comparison imo.Trust me ,we have teens and Oasis is what they would want to be on...In fact theres more people on Oasis but seems much less crowded then freedom because of the size and layout of the ship

Edited by rtazz17

We've done both and even if price were similar, we'd take the shorter Oasis because of all the ship offers. If your teens liked Freedom, they will LOVE Oasis. Two flow riders, zip line, Boardwalk with Aqua Theater, Central Park, "beach" style pool, more dining options (both free and specialty). You'll love it!!

Edited by 1ParticularHbr

We went back and forth, weighed many factors, and chose Oasis! I just booked it. Geez, that was a tough decision. I'm sure we'll love it. Can't wait!!!

Thanks for all your help. :)

Just saw this thread and saw that you already booked. All I can say is that the youtube videos probably don't do the ship justice. When our daughter was in high school, we sailed with her on both FOS and Allure and while she loves Freedom, she preferred Allure, and that's coming from a family that loves Freedom. My wife and I will be sailing on her later this month and again in February next year.

From a teenage perspective, she is pretty social and on Freedom, they "ran out of things to do" a lot faster and a group of them would end up hanging out on the bow or up on the outside forward areas up top, which was fine, but me as a dad would rather her not have been hanging out on a pitch black bow with a mix of boys & girls. :)

On Allure, she was also running with a big group of teens as well, but they were always doing more "real" activities at night like zipline and flowrider (because there are 2, they seemed to have more time set aside on one of them for teen only hours). She also loves the broadway show (on ours it was Mama Mia). Also be sure to do some of the scavenger hunts they have. You can search these boards to see more about that.

Also, if you will be stopping in St. Thomas and love the beach, I cannot say enough great things about the "Secret Sands Beach Exclusive and Skyline Drive" beach excursion bought through RCI. It is a half day and was awesome!

Have a great time!