Flying into FLL sailing POM next day Taxi to Miami hotel?

krb1000

Just a quick look down the board would reveal the common suggestions to get a hotel in Ft Lauderdale, then shuttle to the Port of Miami the day you sail. Lots of hotel recommendations here, as well as shuttle suggestions. Probably taxi to hotel from airport. No problem getting a taxi from airport to hotel. But from Ft Lauderdale to Miami, taxi is your most expensive choice.

Yes, thank you...we have our hotel in Miami, I'm looking for a cost effective way to transition from FLL to the hotel. Do you have a suggestion other than a taxi?

Just a quick look down the board would reveal the common suggestions to get a hotel in Ft Lauderdale, then shuttle to the Port of Miami the day you sail. Lots of hotel recommendations here, as well as shuttle suggestions. Probably taxi to hotel from airport. No problem getting a taxi from airport to hotel. But from Ft Lauderdale to Miami, taxi is your most expensive choice.

Yes, thank you...we have our hotel in Miami, I'm looking for a cost effective way to transition from FLL to the hotel. Do you have a suggestion other than a taxi?

Rent a car. $40-45 for the day. Rent in FLL, leave in MIA. I know National / Alamo share an airport-cruise terminal shuttle. Hertz has a location in downtown Miami that also provides s shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rent a car. $40-45 for the day. Rent in FLL, leave in MIA. I know National / Alamo share an airport-cruise terminal shuttle. Hertz has a location in downtown Miami that also provides s shuttle.

Agree. So nice to have a car to get around the night before to pick up those last minute things you forgot or did not want to pack. We also enjoy packing an overnight bag so we can leave most of the big bags in the car.

Also, you can drop your bags at the pier before you turn in the car and avoid having to schlep them on the rental car shuttle. Similarly, when we fly in, I'll usually go get the rental car while DW gets the bags.

You will pay a life's fortune with a taxi from Fll to Miami Fll airport is only about 1 mile away from the tri rail train station take an unber from Fll airport to the tri rail station then take tri rail to Miami airport tri rail station it will cost about $2.50 pp then uber from Miami tri rail station to the port at $15.00 pp

Taxi from FLL to your downtown Miami hotel will cost about $75-80+tip. As mentioned above Uber on the same ride will be closer to $40

I would not want a rental car in downtown Miami - traffic and parking are a mess.

There are shared shuttles that will take you to Miami, but the availability goes down and the fares go up the later in the day you arrive (they can't fill the van like they do when making runs to POM). Check with QLS, MJS, SAS, and Go Airport.

Go Airport also offers private car service transfers from FLL to Miami - about $90+ the last time I checked. Larry's Limos is another often suggested for private transfers to/from Miami.