AARP/Verizon points

CTKaren

Does anyone know how these work? You can purchase gift cards for Royal Caribbean with a 10% discount. I am tempted to do this but I don't know how these work. Does anyone know of or have any experience using these?:confused::confused:

• 4 months later...

I have used Verizon rewards points for a total of $3500 so I saved $350. They mail you a gift certificate, and then you send it to RC for them to apply to your reservation. I am sending off 28 of them tomorrow. I have never had a problem. I keep a copy until I know it has been posted to my account.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the tip. I have never done a thing with my Verizon points. I just looked them up and found that the Royal Caribbean gift cards are currently sold out. The fine print says that the gift cards cannot be used on an existing reservation, so I am glad to hear that you have been able to use them. I will keep my eyes open for them and try another time.

Edited by nancy2vues
typo

I have used Verizon rewards points for a total of $3500 so I saved $350. They mail you a gift certificate, and then you send it to RC for them to apply to your reservation. I am sending off 28 of them tomorrow. I have never had a problem. I keep a copy until I know it has been posted to my account.

Hope this helps someone.

Did you book your cruise directly with RCCL or can you use a travel agent?

These are the terms and conditions on those certificates. Doesn't seem like you can use a travel agent and it states that they can only be applied to new bookings. I thought about buying them until I read the terms and conditions. They are very restrictive.

1. Travel agents, agencies or any other travel intermediary service cannot be used in conjunction with this certificate.

2. To make reservations, call Royal Caribbean International at 866-504-3941.

3. Certificate must be applied to a new individual reservation. May not be applied to a group reservation.

4. This certificate cannot be applied to ship-board credit.

5. Deposit required at time of booking. Standard deposit and final payment policy applies.

6. Please reference that you are using the Deluxe Rewards' Certificate Agency ID 293706, when making your reservation.

7. All reservations are subject to availability. This certificate is valid for all ships, departures and stateroom categories.

8. Once a reservation has been made with a certificate, standard cancellation policies apply. This certificate will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.

9. Upon making reservation, certificate must be mailed to the address below.

• 4 months later...

Hope this helps someone.

I am still considering doing this. Just wondering what happens if you cancel within the normal policy (before the 100 days} and have paid for the cruise in full.