If the ship leaves the port at 830 pm, what time can you board?

tybeelucy2

Hi everyone, we are on our second X cruise in Dec out of San Juan. The ship leaves the dock at 8:30 pm, so do you have any idea what time we can start boarding? We have our normal dining time at 8:30 pm, will that be on schedule or changed since that's when the ship is leaving?

Also, the ship arrives back in port at 6 am. I'm guessing an 8:15 flight is too early? the next flight isn't until 1:32 pm.

Thank you.

Hi everyone, we are on our second X cruise in Dec out of San Juan. The ship leaves the dock at 8:30 pm, so do you have any idea what time we can start boarding? We have our normal dining time at 8:30 pm, will that be on schedule or changed since that's when the ship is leaving?

Also, the ship arrives back in port at 6 am. I'm guessing an 8:15 flight is too early? the next flight isn't until 1:32 pm.

Thank you.

your safer with the 1:32 PM flight . 6AM arrival doesn't mean debarkation time . The first group probably at 6:30 AM.

Boarding times will be given to you in your docs. But, 11am is a pretty safe bet for the first to embark. You can embark, then leave for some city time, if you like. Getting a taxi to Old SJ or the city is no problem.

Thank you. I didn't realize you can check in and then leave the ship!

We boarded around 11:15 last time. Lots of people leave to explore. We lounged around an uncrowded pool and ate free food but we've seen OSJ.

As someone else said, arriving at 6 am does not mean you'll disembark then. You should do the 1:32.

We embark in San Juan for the first time next April. Does all the above equal no crush in the buffet at lunch?

Afraid not. We've boarded in San Juan twice and there was a huge crowd gathering by 11:00 a.m. to board. Both times we were planning extra time i San Juan post-cruise so we just stayed on the ship and relaxed for the afternoon.

Thank you.

Unless there's been a change, the San Juan airport has an extra hurdle. Before you even go to check in, your bags need to be X-Rayed by the USDA. It doesn't take a long time but it's one more hoop to jump through. After that, you can go to the counter to check your bags, then go through security. Plus, the airport is a fair distance from the terminal so an 8:15 a.m. flight is too early. Relax and take the 1:32.