How strict are they at the port with PAT/boarding times?

MyJCrew

We booked our cruise late (2 weeks before departure) and received a port arrival time of 4:30....

That was fine by me when we originally booked but now we may be able to arrive in Miami late morning (driving from central FL) and I'm wondering if we might get lucky if we show up around 1 or 2pm, which I know is usually a super busy time.

We're traveling with kids so I wouldn't want to have to sit around the port for several hours waiting for our boarding time. I know it may be a gamble but I thought I'd ask the veteran NCL cruisers here what their experiences have been when arriving at port ahead of their set boarding time. This is our first NCL cruise and port of Miami cruise.

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked our cruise late (2 weeks before departure) and received a port arrival time of 4:30....

That was fine by me when we originally booked but now we may be able to arrive in Miami late morning (driving from central FL) and I'm wondering if we might get lucky if we show up around 1 or 2pm, which I know is usually a super busy time.

We're traveling with kids so I wouldn't want to have to sit around the port for several hours waiting for our boarding time. I know it may be a gamble but I thought I'd ask the veteran NCL cruisers here what their experiences have been when arriving at port ahead of their set boarding time. This is our first NCL cruise and port of Miami cruise.

Thanks in advance...

Come aboard around noon ...no later ...this way you can have lunch ...explore the ship ...relax ....unpack ...chill

2:30 for 4 sailaway is late

They give you a time but go earlier ...its best

Thanks for the response. Our departure on the Escape is actually 7pm so I guess we got the last available check in time 4:30-5.

We usually arrive early in the day for port check in but we've never been on a ship departing this late and allowing later afternoon check in.

I'd love to be onboard by 1 but I just hope they don't pay attention to my assigned arrival time.