Is Oceania too "lax-ed" about hand sanitization regime?

Cahpek

I was on I believe a Celebrity cruise that was suffering from a Noro outbreak. They actually had people stationed in the rest rooms. Nobody walked out of them w/o washing.

DON

Pretty sad that people do not have enough common sense to wash their hands without a minder

what about people using the loo in their cabins are their minders there as well ?

Pretty sad that people do not have enough common sense to wash their hands without a minder

what about people using the loo in their cabins are their minders there as well ?

+1

it's the fault of the people who don't wash their hands, period.

If you need a reminder, SHAME ON YOU !!!

YES, wash your hand often with soap, water, and friction while by singing the Birthday Song twice.

I had enough of that song/video while on Riviera in March/April this year. Please don't tell me they are still playing it over and over and over....

With 3 cruises before Christmas I could not stand it.:(

YES, wash your hand often with soap, water, and friction while by singing the Birthday Song twice.

I had enough of that song/video while on Riviera in March/April this year. Please don't tell me they are still playing it over and over and over....

LOL:D

Turn the channel

• 1 month later...
on our recent & not so recent O cruises when you enter the cabin there is a video on showing about how to wash your hands

when you enter the gangway coming from shore excursion there is a large sign to use the gel & wash with soap & water

In the daily Currents they have a note about washing your hands

There are gel dispensers all over the ship The gel in them is NOT like what you buy at Walmart

On our cruise in April they provided small size spray hand sanitizer to the cabins

How much responsibility does the passenger take ?

As my SIL says "you cannot fix stupid "

Yes, the same on our Riviera cruise in July. The same spray sanitizers. But from all the posts last Jan, Feb. and Mar. the best thing was washing very well with soap and water. Much better than gel.

was washing very well with soap and water. Much better than gel.

Of course washing with soap & water is the best but the gel inbetween getting on the ship & to your cabin to wash is better than doing nothing

I gel going into the supermarket, I gel coming out of the supermarket & wash my hands when I get in the house

You have no idea what is on those shopping carts :eek:

Did you happen to notice the slight error in Dottie's video? After washing her hands (and singing to it) correctly, she used her clean hand to close the faucet - instead of a paper towel, which could also be used for opening the door. A lot of other folks, who are not as diligent hand washers, also touched that faucet.

BTW, if any video(s) needs to be shelved, it's the one with the blond woman doing the ship tour (Christine?). Hard to miss it "over and over again" when you're trying to catch a movie at its beginning.