Royal princess Dry dock- New livery?

princessfanboy

Early? All Princess ships go into dry dock every three years or so. There's discussion whether the center stairs will be finished for passengers or not. Other than that, I believe it's a routine dry dock.

Good to know, Pam. I just had five years stuck in my head for some reason. It must have been some bit of misinformation I picked up over on the NCL board. ;)

The legal requirement is two dry docks every 5 years' date=' but for new ships there is a waiver that allows up to 5 years before the first dry dock.[/b']

Thus, most new ships will dry dock sometime in their 4th year and roughly every 2 1/2 years thereafter. The line can arrange the schedule around the availability of dry dock facilities, low season for cruise passengers, desire to make interior changes, etc.

The requirement is for the mandatory engine work and hull inspection and has nothing to do with passenger areas.

And thanks for supplying this additional information about the "five years" I had in my head. :o

Regarding the center stairs:

1. The Royal is having its center stairs opened up to passengers during this dry dock.

2. The Regal is getting the same treatment in the spring (can't remember the month).

This is according to Regal cruise director Martyn Moss at the Regal's CC meet and greet Sept. 13.

This is good news to me. Our Sept. 10 transatlantic was our first cruise on one of the Big Boy ships. We did not like all that waiting for elevators.

Jim

1. The Royal is having its center stairs opened up to passengers during this dry dock.

2. The Regal is getting the same treatment in the spring (can't remember the month).

This is according to Regal cruise director Martyn Moss at the Regal's CC meet and greet Sept. 13.

This is good news to me. Our Sept. 10 transatlantic was our first cruise on one of the Big Boy ships. We did not like all that waiting for elevators.

Jim

Thanks...based on the unofficial (but usually accurate) website the Regal's drydock is scheduled from April 17-29, 2017 possibly in Hamburg Germany.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

Fantastic. So maybe they will wise up and put a center staircase on Majestic while it is in dry dock...being built.

Fantastic. So maybe they will wise up and put a center staircase on Majestic while it is in dry dock...being built.
And what makes you believe it was not in the original design? Don't point to the deckplans because they were just copies of the Royal's deckplans. The same or similar sources to those that proved correct for the Royal have been quoted as stating the the Majestic was designed with the center stairs having passenger access all of the way.

BTW, all of the renderings of the Majestic are incorrect because they are based on the Royal. The Majestic actually has portions of the Grand class tiered balconies forward and aft of the lifeboats with "Caribe deck style" extend balcony cabins on Dolphin deck and open balcony mini-suites below on Emerald deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Royal from Sep 3 to 24 and they had started building the centre staircase while we were on. Captains Olliver and Street both told us that the Seawitch was being painted on the bow. they said other things would be done also but didn't elaborate. They were putting out a bunch of plywood at the rear deck the last day so something will be done out there also I assume.

Stumbled across this picture: it was supposedly taken today Sept. 28, 2016 of Majestic Princess:

Large version here:

Taken by user Konjhodzic

29960794766_607449a462_b_d.jpg

(Image credit user Konjhodzic fleetmon.com)

This is the Majestic with her livery apparently take today. Looks like the Royal will be a carbon copy with the same location for her name and Princess Cruises. Thanks to Dave[emoji2]

confirmed

I board Oct 8 first sailing after drydock.

Vickie,

I've been reading your blog for a couple of years now so I was happy to hear you would be on the Royal out of her drydock.

I'm hoping for a full report on the changes - as I will be sailing on her on December 10th. [emoji846]

Don from the other coast (Halifax).

Have a great cruise!

Vickie,

I've been reading your blog for a couple of years now so I was happy to hear you would be on the Royal out of her drydock.

I'm hoping for a full report on the changes - as I will be sailing on her on December 10th. [emoji846]

Don from the other coast (Halifax).

Have a great cruise!

Hi so nice of you to follow.

I wil be on oct 8 to 27. B2b. But won't be blogging live. I am recovering from shoulder surgery and it so hard to type for a long period. So i am bringing my tablet and notebook abd will be keeping notes so i can blog about the voyage and the ports when i get home.

I am also doing more videos about the ship and ports for my youtube channel so stay tuned.

Love halifax. My partner is from cape breton

Thanks for following

I wil be on oct 8 to 27. B2b. But won't be blogging live. I am recovering from shoulder surgery and it so hard to type for a long period. So i am bringing my tablet and notebook abd will be keeping notes so i can blog about the voyage and the ports when i get home.

I am also doing more videos about the ship and ports for my youtube channel so stay tuned.

Thanks for following

We hope you can at least make a brief post on CC with the highlights of the changes [emoji6]

Edited by IECalCruiser

Thanks for following

Vickie here is an other fan of your blogs!

Hope you get well soon!

Greetings from Mexico City!

She is getting the Seawitch logo on the bow - being painted as we speak

Captain is Craig Street currently

We will be on the Royal Oct. 8th. as well. I hope now with the center stairs being opened to the pax. the complaints will stop. We were on the Royal for 20 days and she is a beautiful ship. 5 sleeps till we leave for Rome.

Ciao

Ollie

This is the Majestic with her livery apparently take today. Looks like the Royal will be a carbon copy with the same location for her name and Princess Cruises. Thanks to Dave[emoji2]
I like it. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like that you'll be able to quickly spot a Princess ship from a distance.

We will be on the Royal Oct. 8th. as well. I hope now with the center stairs being opened to the pax. the complaints will stop. We were on the Royal for 20 days and she is a beautiful ship. 5 sleeps till we leave for Rome.

Ciao

Ollie

see you on board, we leave Friday - spending a few days in Genoa then Florence before joining the ship.

I like it. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like that you'll be able to quickly spot a Princess ship from a distance.

I like it too... I love that Seawitch immediately says Princess and now the bow of the ship will reflect that.

We were on the Royal from Sep 3 to 24 and they had started building the centre staircase while we were on. Captains Olliver and Street both told us that the Seawitch was being painted on the bow. they said other things would be done also but didn't elaborate. They were putting out a bunch of plywood at the rear deck the last day so something will be done out there also I assume.

I was on Royal from the 17th - 24th and noticed the same things. The center stair work started prior to dry dock and lots of plywood on the ground.

view?usp=drivesdk

Attached is a photo from our balcony just befor disembarking where you can see the plywood in place. Picture doesn't seem to be working and I will try to correct it tonight...

Edited by spiceyxi

Ciao

Ollie

It'll be a big improvement but it could still be a lot better if they would correct the linking of elevator call buttons. ;)