Where is the Allure of the Seas?

stevenr597

Hi there - I'm on the Allure right now and the captain decided early on our cruise (Monday I think) that we would have an itinerary change from going to St. Martin and St. Thomas to instead go to Labadee in Haiti and Jamaica (basically avoiding and being one step ahead of the growing tropical storm/hurricane) )...the decision was the right one because we have had wonderful weather the whole trip thus far - sunny and calm.

Check post #2. They are in Labadee Haiti Today. The sites you are following are giving you wrong info.

They were in Nassau on Monday.

Since they weren't scheduled to be in Labadee originally, did anyone check/post if another ship was there? Can you imagine Labadee is Oasis and Allure were there? (don't know if they can use the inside part of the pier or not. Or even Allure and Freedom there teh same time? They could sell the cabanas for $1000 ;)

Since they weren't scheduled to be in Labadee originally, did anyone check/post if another ship was there? Can you imagine Labadee is Oasis and Allure were there? (don't know if they can use the inside part of the pier or not. Or even Allure and Freedom there teh same time? They could sell the cabanas for $1000 ;)

Oh my....that would be nuts! Labadee is crazy enough with just one of those ships, if there were two of them it would be standing room only on the beach and in the water. ;)

Yeah - it was a bit of a bummer not being able to go to St. Martin and St. Thomas but we still had a lot of fun on Labadee and in Jamaica and like I mentioned in a previous post the weather has been gorgeous all week (and I'd rather have a port change and great weather than rough seas and rain any day!)...and life is good even right at this moment - I'm enjoying a cosmopolitan martini at this moment in the Champagne bar! Nice!

I feel so bad for the people on that ship right now. Instead of getting to go to St. Thomas and St. Marteen, you get stuck going to Falmouth and Labadee. What a disappointment as these two ports don't compare.

Of Course your opinion is subjective. I will take Labadee before St Thomas or St Marteen any day. Falmouth I could do without.

Yes, I really enjoyed Labadee - it can be a bit crowded but you can always get a lounge chair and the beach/water is wonderful, the lunch and drinks are great (remember Labadee is leased by Royal Caribbean and thus their section of the island is an extension of the ship, so BBQ lunch is free and your drink package works on the island as well)....

I'm on Oct 2 Allure also I think that we will go to Cozumel first then Jamaica then Labadee or we might go to hondurs or belize and stay west the whole time

I've never been to Roatan, but its hard to imagine that many people could tender from Belieze. I know Allure has been to Costa Maya before, that might be an alternative.

I'm on Oct 2 Allure also I think that we will go to Cozumel first then Jamaica then Labadee or we might go to hondurs or belize and stay west the whole time

We're on this cruise, also. I'm wondering if we will do Eastern and avoid the hurricane entirely.

We're on this cruise, also. I'm wondering if we will do Eastern and avoid the hurricane entirely.

[sPECULATION] Given the latest projected path and Allure leaving on Sunday, I could see Allure putting the pedal to the medal and getting around the western edge of the storm and still getting to Labadee as the storm moves north into Cuba. [/sPECULATION] All speculation of course, should make for interesting port cam and CC board reading this weekend.

I read on Cruise Critic News that Allure of the seas will, because of Tropical Storm Matthew, will not be docking at either St. Thomas or St. Maarten, in place will be stopping at Haiti, and Falmouth Jamaica. Looking at the track of the storm it appears that the Tropical Storm will be miss these islands, but is set on a course towards Jamaica. When I looked at the Satellite Photographs of the Caribbean, it appears that the Allure has docked in St. Thomas. Did Royal Caribbean make another change, or is the ship indeed headed to Haiti and Jamaica.

If you are using Google Maps you should know that this image is not taken real-time. The exact date of the current image linked below is 4/21/2014

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Saint+Thomas/@18.3306328,-64.953809,731m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8c051a89dc0635b7:0x5d1280e7f1f697e4!8m2!3d18.3380965!4d-64.8940946