Nov 7th Enchantment --extra day at sea!!!!!

Just got off the phone with RC and then w/ my TA. They all confirmed that the Nov 7th sailing of the Enchantment is spending an extra day at sea. I asked if they were offering any type of shipboard credit due tho the fact that Cozumel was the only port that we were going to be at all day. The RC customer service lady told me basically suck to be you. All iteneraries are subject to change at any time. Just very disappointed as this is the first cruise for my kids and the first for my in-laws celebrating their 40th anniversary. Hoping for more from RC.

I would like to think they'll have to substitute a different foriegn port because of the Jones act. As I understand it, either a ship has to make at least one stop in a foriegn country or it has to be built in America and crewed by a 100% American crew.

If that's true, then only stopping in Key West isn't an option.

I totally agree. Last week when they told me Costa Maya, I began doing all of the research necessary to make arrangements for excusrions. I called back this am to confirm, since I couldn't get info from their website and got three different answers from three differnet people. That's when I called my TA and was on the phone when he called RC. They told him an extra day at sea with no sort of compensation.

There is no info on the Nov. 7th Enchantment but the Nov. 3rd is listed under Hurricane Wilma Update Info on the RCL website:

Enchantment of the Seas - The Thursday, November 3, sailing of Enchantment of the Seas is unable to visit Cozumel Saturday, due to the port's closure. Instead, the ship will make a port call in Costa Maya, Mexico, that day.

I would think if they were doing that for one cruise, they would do it for the next unless there was a conflict with the port. (?)

at RC and rep confirmed day at sea. I suggested maybe a longer time in KW and he said he would send a memo to the higher ups on that.

MI, yes I believe there are already 3 or 4 ships scheduled (because of Wilma) at Costa Maya and that port just couldn't handle more.

Oh, well, a day at sea is way better than a day at home cooking and cleaning. I'll take it! :)

I also heard today that we would be spending another day at sea for the Cozumel stop. I am very upset since RCI has had over a week to reschedule another port visit for this cruise. I realize that when there are changes in the itinerary due to weather changes that occur overnight nothing can be done but RCI has had time to replan. Other cruise lines are arranging other stops to other ports.

I also heard today that we would be spending another day at sea for the Cozumel stop. I am very upset since RCI has had over a week to reschedule another port visit for this cruise. I realize that when there are changes in the itinerary due to weather changes that occur overnight nothing can be done but RCI has had time to replan. Other cruise lines are arranging other stops to other ports.
Considering that you're going to Belize and Costa Maya is full and its a five day cruise and the ship only goes 20mph or so, how many options do you think they actually have for ports that weren't damaged/destroyed by the hurricane?

Considering that you're going to Belize and Costa Maya is full and its a five day cruise and the ship only goes 20mph or so, how many options do you think they actually have for ports that weren't damaged/destroyed by the hurricane?

I think you're missing the point... Costa Maya is only crowded because the other cruise lines worked on their November itineraries last week. One look at the news board here on CC shows that Disney moved their Cozumel port calls to Costa Maya, Princess moved their Cozumel for the same week to Costa Maya, etc. NCL is going to Honduras (along with Belize).

Did Wilma hit RCCL later than it did the other lines? Why wasn't their response as quick?

In the end, it is what it is, and I know we'll have fun regardless, but I'm disappointed at the less than proactive response from RCCL.

YIPPPEEE!! Horray a day at sea!! I love it - thank you RCI! I get to sleep in - get up eat....lay in sun... nap, gamble - eat RELAX ! I love the thought of a extra day at sea instead of an over crowded port. Floating around the ocean - gosh what a horrible hardship. I hope I get a good waiter for my Chair in the sun. Ummmmm - I love sea days !

I do feel sorry for those of you who go on a cruise to see as many ports as you can - I used to do that now I just chill and relax. No kids, no work, no MIL- just people waiting on me.

Hee hee - I am ready - can we go now? Pretty please!!

Staying longer in Key West is a very good idea. There is a Margaritaville there.

Although I agree that it sucks that the port day has been replaced with a sea day, what do you want? This is just one of the pitfalls of cruising - if you are new to cruising, get used to it. If you aren't new to cruising, then why are you so surprised?

The sad part is that I am certain that if the port day was rescheduled to "Bob's Dock, Mexico" (a fictional port with no real attractions) that some people would be on here to complain that there was nothing to do in port.

I really wish that every cruise would go off without a hitch, hurricanes and other bad weather would avoid everybody's vacation plans, and that the world could live in harmony and the cruise line's customer service knew which end is up. But, the world isn't perfect, and that cruise ticket contract you have to sign before you board says that RC (or any other cruise line, for that matter) doesn't have to go anywhere it says it is taking you. Just be thankful that, unlike some people in the U.S., your cruise isn't scheduled to stop in the Middle East.

Just got off the phone with RC and then w/ my TA. They all confirmed that the Nov 7th sailing of the Enchantment is spending an extra day at sea. I asked if they were offering any type of shipboard credit due tho the fact that Cozumel was the only port that we were going to be at all day. The RC customer service lady told me basically suck to be you. All iteneraries are subject to change at any time. Just very disappointed as this is the first cruise for my kids and the first for my in-laws celebrating their 40th anniversary. Hoping for more from RC.

Boo hoo - so now it's RC's fault that Cozumel was virtually destroyed by a hurricane and they should compensate you with shipboard credit??? Amazing. It's been said a zillion times before - if you don't want to chance a possible port change, don't cruise during hurricane season.

Although I agree that it sucks that the port day has been replaced with a sea day, what do you want? This is just one of the pitfalls of cruising - if you are new to cruising, get used to it. If you aren't new to cruising, then why are you so surprised?

The sad part is that I am certain that if the port day was rescheduled to "Bob's Dock, Mexico" (a fictional port with no real attractions) that some people would be on here to complain that there was nothing to do in port.

I really wish that every cruise would go off without a hitch, hurricanes and other bad weather would avoid everybody's vacation plans, and that the world could live in harmony and the cruise line's customer service knew which end is up. But, the world isn't perfect, and that cruise ticket contract you have to sign before you board says that RC (or any other cruise line, for that matter) doesn't have to go anywhere it says it is taking you. Just be thankful that, unlike some people in the U.S., your cruise isn't scheduled to stop in the Middle East.

AMEN!!!

I think you're missing the point... Costa Maya is only crowded because the other cruise lines worked on their November itineraries last week. One look at the news board here on CC shows that Disney moved their Cozumel port calls to Costa Maya, Princess moved their Cozumel for the same week to Costa Maya, etc. NCL is going to Honduras (along with Belize).

Did Wilma hit RCCL later than it did the other lines? Why wasn't their response as quick?

In the end, it is what it is, and I know we'll have fun regardless, but I'm disappointed at the less than proactive response from RCCL.

Considering that RCI has already rerouted several earlier cruises from Cozumel to Costa Maya, I doubt it has much to do with slow response. I'd guess it has more to do with the fact that RCI already had another ship scheduled for Costa Maya the day you would have had to visit it.

You need to start with the fact that it's only a five day cruise and they can't switch the day you're in Belize without upsetting everybody's plans for that day. This severely limits their options.

a letter from the crown and anchor today...

nov 7 monday ft lauderdale depart 5pm

tues key west ari- 7am dep 2pm

wed at sea!!

thur belize city ari 7am dep 5pm

fri at sea

sat ft lauderdale ari 830am

just make the best of it you already paid for it ,,,,,,,,be happy

with vikeqn. I would much rather have a sea day than go to an over-crowded port. Now I get to spend an extra sea day relaxing, exploring the ship and spending time with my wonderful dh. I am hoping we get to stay a couple of extra hours in KW, but if we don't, oh well. I've been waiting for this cruise for too long to let something like this spoil my fun!

However, there are several other ships that are replacing Cozumel with a sea day. Not every ship scheduled for Cozumel can be accommodated elsewhere. There were 5 or 6 ships due into Coz for that Weds. That's just how it is. Maybe we'll get some open bar time or other special goody from the Capt. Somehow, we'll just have to make the best of it. ;)

Ports and/or iteneraries are subject to change at any time and with no notice. You have the option to cacel, and the only time you get a shipboard credit, usually, is when you have no choice as they made the change after you were on the ship or it was way too late to cancel. If you wanted more of a guarantee, you should have booked a land vacation. Sorry for being so harsh, but I just don't understand why people get so upset when they knew there was a chance for port changes....especially during hurricane season. Enjoy your trip either way. The experience of cruising regardless of ports should be the best part, and the reason for cruising. I am sure your kids and in-laws will have a great time wherever you go.

Sorry to sound so negative earlier. Just feeling a little responsible for the in-laws and kids to have a great first time cruising experience. Looking forward to the trip either way and will make the best of it. It's vacation!!!!!

We had an unscheduled extra sea day in September when our port call to Martha's Vineyard was cancelled due to high winds -- we ended up having a great day -- hot tubs, climbing wall, and a relaxing afternoon nap. The Enchantment is a beautiful ship, and your family will find plenty to do!

I just went to the RCCL site.... they have changed the itinerary shown on their website for the 11/7, 11/21, 12/5 and 12/19 5 night Enchantment sailings to show: FLL, Key West, Belize, FLL

I'm glad they have their website showing the correct port information. We are on the 5 night Western Enchantment itinerary on 1/2.... which (at this point) still shows Cozumel.

a letter from the crown and anchor today...

nov 7 monday ft lauderdale depart 5pm

tues key west ari- 7am dep 2pm

wed at sea!!

thur belize city ari 7am dep 5pm

fri at sea

sat ft lauderdale ari 830am

just make the best of it you already paid for it ,,,,,,,,be happy

HELLO?!?!?!??!?! Perfect cruise! Depart, port stop, day at sea, port stop, day at sea, return. Utter perfection.

JMHO, of course. YMMV.

Archived