What's included

claven

The exact list of venues (and their names) varies from ship to ship. Complimentary options will always include two or three dining rooms, the buffet, and a 24-hour restaurant. Also continental breakfast via room service.

Many ships also have a free Asian restaurant/noodle bar, and additional outdoor buffets and poolside grills.

Check the NCL site for each individual ship to see the dining options available (complimentary and extra charge).

How do I tell which dining locations are included and which are extra? Is there a list of dining options. The NCL web site seems to feature the extra cost dining options.

D

This is very easy as the list can be found on the back of the Freestyle Daily which will be delivered directly to your stateroom every single day of your cruise.

(Outdated)

I can't find the updated chart...

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_05212012.pdf

Odd. I couldn't find it either. The Freestyle Dining Guide used to be on this page:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-dining

Don't see it anymore. It was very helpful.

How do I tell which dining locations are included and which are extra? Is there a list of dining options. The NCL web site seems to feature the extra cost dining options.

D

Which ship are you on? Then we can tell you the names of the free eating places since MDR names vary from ship to ship and some ships have places others do not.

Thanks for the info. We are on the breakaway in March 5th.

I was able to find that page on the NCL website. It seems there are few free ones, but they are pretty good though.

What options are there for breakfast? Can you get only the continental breakfast as room service? Or, is it better to go to the MDR for breakfast?

Are there menus?

D

Sit-down breakfasts will be avail in one of the main dining rooms, O'Sheehans, and I believe the Breakaway still has a quieter breakfast buffet at Moderno. The Garden Cafe will be available as well, but can get a little crazy at peak times.

We loved Moderno, if that's still available. They had a hot-station with made to order eggs/omelettes over at Cagney's open kitchen area.

Edit: here are some menus, including breakfast in MDR and O'Sheehans...

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

Edited by TheDougOut

So, in the MDR for dinner if you want the steak it's an upcharge? Can you get steak in the MDR without an upcharge?

Yes, you can. There is one steak that you can order for an extra charge, but if you look at the rest of the menu, you'll see another steak that's always available for no extra charge. And often the daily choices (no extra charge) will include another steak-type dish that you can order that evening.

Thanks for the info. We are on the breakaway in March 5th.

I was able to find that page on the NCL website. It seems there are few free ones, but they are pretty good though.

What options are there for breakfast? Can you get only the continental breakfast as room service? Or, is it better to go to the MDR for breakfast?

Are there menus?

D

Almost everyone (who eats breakfast) will go to the Garden Cafe buffet, Taste/Savor MDR, or O'Shehans for a FREE breakfast. Very, very few people will order a FREE continental breakfast or a hot breakfast with a delivery charge room service. Other than a very narrow counter, there is no table to put food on and no chairs to sit on in you cabin (other than a vanity stool).

Just a quick tip about breakfast in the Garden Café. Get in the line for made to order eggs and order fried or scrambled. They will crack the eggs in front of you so you know they are fresh.

Like most restaurants, the ship makes no secret that they use frozen, preceacked eggs for inlets and bulk scrambled eggs