Pre cruise hotels in Miami with shuttle to cruise port

thursdaysrecords

We will be flying in the day before the cruise and need advise about where to stay in Miami. We would like a hotel that offers shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and then to the cruise port. the next day. If it is free service that is even better. We do understand a tip to the driver is appreciated.

As we will not have a car we would like a hotel where we could safely walk around to get something to eat or go to a shop if needed.

The hotel does not need be fancy or on the beach. It should have free wifi. A continental breakfast included is a plus.

We have heard negative reports about using cruise shuttles from the airport. Passengers have reported that the drivers can be very rude and demands a tip on top of already what they paid for the shuttle. Most people I think would tip but it should never be demanded. This is not a way to start off a vacation.

Any advise is welcome. Thanks!

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. About $27 flat rate cab from the airport if I remember right. Then from HIPOM its about $10 cab to the port. HIPOM is right across the street from Bayside Market - a great little mall with lots of shops and restaurants - alot of which are along the marina, so a nice view while eating. There is a small stage where there can be live music. Great people watching too. :D

There is a CVS down about 2 blocks. And about one block over there is a great little place for breakfast.

If you get one of the front rooms at the hotel, you can see your ship when you wake up in the morning. :)

Hilton hotel, Double Tree, JW Marriott & mandarin Orient are a few that I have stayed at near POM. None offer a free shuttle but taxi is under $15. They are all close to Bayside which makes it great for a night out before your cruise. Make sure you request a room facing the cruise terminal so you can wake up to your ship. Enjoy your vacation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. About $27 flat rate cab from the airport if I remember right. Then from HIPOM its about $10 cab to the port. HIPOM is right across the street from Bayside Market - a great little mall with lots of shops and restaurants - alot of which are along the marina, so a nice view while eating. There is a small stage where there can be live music. Great people watching too. :D

There is a CVS down about 2 blocks. And about one block over there is a great little place for breakfast.

If you get one of the front rooms at the hotel, you can see your ship when you wake up in the morning. :)

We always stay at this hotel too and quite like it. I feel safe at night crossing the street to go to the market and restaurants there. There is a super dacquiri place at the Bayside market. We typically just take a taxi ride the next day.