Umbrellas on Regatta???

brucedodge

We're taking our first Oceania cruise on the Regatta in a couple of weeks :), New York to Montreal. Do the cabins have umbrellas? Or if not, are they available to use going ashore?

Also is there normally a combo or trio playing dance music in the evenings? Did Oceania leave in the wooden dance floor in the upstairs lounge that Renaissance installed?

Thanks,

Bruce

There should be a large blue and white umbrella in every stateroom. You are free to bring it on shore. The string quartet and band play somewhere on the ship every evening, just check the Currents for time and location. The wooden dance floor is still there and there was pre-show dancing to the band a few nights a weeks when we last sailed on the Regatta.

Umbrellas ARE available but they are the super-large ones. If you want one that can fold up into a tote bag, I suggest bringing a small fold-up one along with you. The super-large ones will cover two people at the same time (!) but you always have to be carrying them ... I prefer the small ones myself.

Mura