First time cruiser on Celebrity. Depart 04/30/17 to Bermuda on Summit

Cinerama

This will be our first time cruising on Celebrity. We have cruised on RCL and Princess in the past. The cruise departs on 04/30/17 to Bermuda on the Summit.

Any suggestions on which cabin to get or avoid? We are either doing an Ocean View or Balcony. Any other suggestions would be helpfull.

Thanks!

If you are looking at an Oceanview cabin I would choose one of the newly added ones on Deck 3 (3112 - 3144). These were added when the Summit went thru the Solsticelization (sp?) and have larger windows than some of the other cabins. Also the location is great IMO. I had one of these a few years ago and enjoyed it.

Hello. We cruised to Bermuda in June of this year in Aft Cabin 1140. Absolutely wonderful cabin. Huge deck, great view, etc. Many reviews about this cabin on this thread and in the thread mentioned by Wallie5446. I also reviewed it in my review of our June, 2016 cruise review. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Also, I have done Bermuda several times and I Would suggest going to the east Coast Departures board particularly the Cape Liberty 411 thread.. Lots of info there on hotels, directions, etc.Also just as an FYI going in April does not necessarily have warm weather even in Bermuda.

Welcome to the Celebrity family!

Visited Bermuda, on the Summit, back in June. Can't believe we waited so long! We had an amazing trip. I'm jealous I'm not going with you.:D

My mom and I had an all day debate about an oceanview cabin, or balcony cabin. In the end, we decided to go with the oceanview. The reasons why we went oceanview:

1. We enjoy our balcony coming into port in the mornings, leaving port, and after showering & getting ready to go to dinner. Only one port visited this trip.

2. We booked this cruise spur of the moment, on the Summit, over Easter. We have never been able to cruise twice in a year. Plus, we have 2 other vacations/ destination weddings, to pay for this year. Money doesn't grow on trees for us!!

3. We spend as little time in our cabin, as possible. Shower, and sleeping is it for us. We don't nap in the afternoon, or need to enjoy quiet time on the balcony.

So after debating for the day, we decided to give an oceanview cabin a whirl. We were in cabin 2134. Fantastic location. No cabins across the hall, and just 3-4 cabins to get to the stairs/elevators. Super quiet at all times. We were able to go down 1 flight of stairs, and get right of the ship. We didn't realize what a fantastic location this was, until our 3rd debark/embark off the ship, our first day in Bermuda. Easy peasy with this location. No waiting for an elevator!! If you need an elevator, skip the first bank that you come to, and walk another 20 feet to the second, and empty, bank of elevators.

In the end, we weren't disappointed in our choice at all. The cabin was in such a fantastic location, that this made up for no balcony. Depending upon pricing, we would do an oceanview to Bermuda the next time. Unless, the cost difference is negligible. For this trip, it was a $250/person difference. This $500 paid for almost all of our airfare. So it was worth it, in the end.

We were in balcony cabin 7128, on the Summit, over Easter. This was also a great location.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a fantastic trip!

I second the suggestion of staying in the rear cabins on Deck 3 (3112-3144). I've sailed the Summit many times(most recently this past May to Bermuda in 3144), and since they were put in, they are the only ones we book when sailing in an Oceanview(cabins 6000-6003 on Deck 6 are also nice, are a tiny bit larger than the traditional Oceanview, have a great view from the bow, and even though they are right above the Theater, I never heard or was disturbed by any noise through the floor. Drawbacks would be that it is far from everything). My only caveat is that if you are easily bothered by cooking smells, you may not like those rooms. Tuscan Grille is in that area, and the kitchen is off the aft elevator vestibule, and the scent of sizzling steak often wafted down the corridor of those rooms during lunch and dinner prep. My career is in the culinary world(pastry chef), so it's not an issue for me at all :).

We will be breaking out of that pattern for our next cruise and sailing in a 2A on Deck 7 midship, which I know will be wonderful too. I highly recommend the Oceanview, and am looking forward to experiencing a Veranda for the first time. Whichever you choose, I hope you enjoy yourselves both on the ship and at Bermuda.

Edited by cocobakerchica

Also, I have done Bermuda several times and I Would suggest going to the east Coast Departures board particularly the Cape Liberty 411 thread.. Lots of info there on hotels, directions, etc.Also just as an FYI going in April does not necessarily have warm weather even in Bermuda.

dkjretired is spot on about the weather! I did an 8 night transition cruise back to Bayonne from San Juan in 2013, which is usually the last week of April/first week of May, and knowing how tricky NJ in the springtime can be(I live here), I packed a sweater, a pair of socks, a long sleeved t-shirt and some jeans "just in case" for disembarking at home. The mornings in Bermuda can be very sunny, and quite chilly at that time of year(locals were wearing heavy jackets), especially by the water at the Dockyard/Kings Wharf, and they absolutely came in handy going to breakfast and walking on the deck or taking the ferry. Many passengers were taken by surprise walking off the ship in just a beach coverup, shorts, tank tops, and flip flops!:D By noon it warms up nicely(maybe mid 70s)for the rest of the day, and it's still cooler by the water.

Welcome to Celebrity!

We find the pricing on Celebrity to be much better than the RCI and we also enjoy the laid back atmosphere on Celebrity much better. No announcements every hour on the hour about activities on ship. Just the 10am message from the Capt. Evening chic is also very nice...you can dress up if you want or wear a nice outfit and fit in fine.

April may be chilly but...we go in August and August in Hamilton is HOT! We stay on ship anymore! May/June/July...lots of families with kids so you choose... a little chilly or hot!

You will definitely enjoy your cruise!

Thank you all for this information! We have decided to do the oceanview as in might be too cool for the balcony. We did an oceanview on our last cruise, the window was very large so it was almost like looking out of a balcony.

We would like the cabin to have chairs or I see pictures with a chair and couch next to the window instead of the bed. Do all all oceanview cabins have this on the Summit? I see some pictures on the internet with just the bed near the window.

Thanks!

Thank you all for this information! We have decided to do the oceanview as in might be too cool for the balcony. We did an oceanview on our last cruise, the window was very large so it was almost like looking out of a balcony.

We would like the cabin to have chairs or I see pictures with a chair and couch next to the window instead of the bed. Do all all oceanview cabins have this on the Summit? I see some pictures on the internet with just the bed near the window.

Thanks!

If the bed is near the window, then the sofa is next to the bathroom. I believe all staterooms on Celebrity have a sofa.

It appears the OV cabins that can sleep four have the twin beds against the window. To get the cabins that sleep three, have a couch and chair near the window and cost $500 more. We will just do a guarantee, save the $500 dollars and hope we get bumped to a better cabin. No big deal as we don't spend much time in the cabin.

Thank you all for the info!

As others have said, I would highly suggest getting one of the "newer" Oceanview cabins on deck 3 of the Summit.

Here is a link to my post, with pictures, of 3114. Hope it helps!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50200802#post50200802

My wife didn't think the extra $500 or more to get a better OV cabin was worth it. We are just going to go with a guarantee. Thank you for the pictures!

My wife didn't think the extra $500 or more to get a better OV cabin was worth it. We are just going to go with a guarantee. Thank you for the pictures!

Last night I decided to try a different travel agency (one I had used many years ago). They are quoting about the same price for category 6 cabin that the previous one gave me for category 8 (guarantee). They say I can get a cabin on Deck 3 (3112-3144) area for about $2100, was $2600 with the previous one. They will call me this morning to verify.

All the 3112-3144 cabins on Deck 3 were booked except 3128 so we got that one. The cost for the two of us is $2088 (on Celebrity's web site they were almost $2800). The only minor downer is the traditional dinning for 6 pm is booked. No big deal, as when this has happened on other cruises, we just called in the morning to make a reservation time.

Thank you all for your recommendation for OV cabins!