Upsell Change

Monstica

Hi everyone. I just upsold from a balcony room to a 2 bedroom family suite. The price was right for us so we bit the bullet. The upsell department informed us this was a great deal because the upsell program is going to change to a bidding process. It has already been rolled on two ships and more in the future. We paid a total of 1,500 for the upsell. She informed us the bidding would start at $2,000 for the same room. Glad I did it because this will probably be then first and last time I'll be able to afford it. So excited!!!!!!

Thats so funny you mentioned that, I said to my husband they must sit up all night and try to think of ways to squeeze every dollar out of the passengers! lol! But they are in the business to make money. In all reality though, we did very good last year and we are budget conscious and NCL always has the best prices. The Haven will probably be a one shot deal for us though!

Enjoy the upgrade. Just FYI, according to the bidding emails received by several on here, the bidding for an H4 with START at $500 and max out at $2000 so she wasn't quite correct.

Big difference! Thanks for clarifying!

Is the room you are currently in taken into consideration?

It is so new and apparently just a test for now, so I don't think anyone knows. All the offers people have posted so far have been the same I think. But, you cannot reach out to them, you have to be chosen. And, you won't know until the last minute if your bid is accepted apparently.

It is so new and apparently just a test for now, so I don't think anyone knows. All the offers people have posted so far have been the same I think. But, you cannot reach out to them, you have to be chosen. And, you won't know until the last minute if your bid is accepted apparently.

Isn't that the way it used to be handled. You had to wait for the call from the "upsell fairy". You couldn't call them.

Hi everyone. I just upsold from a balcony room to a 2 bedroom family suite. The price was right for us so we bit the bullet. The upsell department informed us this was a great deal because the upsell program is going to change to a bidding process. It has already been rolled on two ships and more in the future. We paid a total of 1,500 for the upsell. She informed us the bidding would start at $2,000 for the same room. Glad I did it because this will probably be then first and last time I'll be able to afford it. So excited!!!!!!

Congrats on the Upsell. Do you mind saying how long your cruise is?

Thanks

Lois

Note that the highest bids will be accepted so highly unlikely accepted if you only bid the minimum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am thankful this didn't impact our Pearl cruise. And I'm grateful to CC because I knew about it before we left, so I just straight up booked an H4 for Alaska in 6/17. I would be a wreck waiting to hear about a bidding situation! Unless it's the GV, of course!