Freedom of the Seas - Nov 12, 2016

teej813

CB,

2 bottles would probably get the wife and I through the entire cruise. Thanks!

Our ports are Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts. From what I'm reading, there are dozens of great things to see and do. Since this is our first, I'm thinking sight seeing over activities.

Mema,

Royal Promenade. I've made a note. Thanks! And funny you mention gluten-free... I am. I've heard nothing but good things about food on RC and their gluten-free options. Pizza sounds great.

Robyn,

I have! Looking forward to meeting you at the MM.

My I suggest Joyce Prince as a great guide for St.Mareen. We really enjoyed our day. Time for shopping, Maho Beach, and many other great stops. We covered the island had a great local lunch. She knew the time frame for the landing of the big jets and scheduled the stop accordingly. Great day.

We had a great tour last month in San Juan, called Flavors of San Juan. It was a walking tour w/ 5 great restaurants. Hopefully you can get Juan as your guide. He was solid and very historically astute of San Juan.

Google is your friend. Enjoy your first cruise!

Hello,

I just returned from the Freedom on Friday.

I agree with all the excellent advice previously listed and would like to add a few more. I have been on RCL multiple times, and just discovered the silent disco. It was the MOST fun I have had on a cruise yet. It is a late evening event, but worth staying up for. Each person is given a headset which has an A and B channel with each channel's DJ playing different music. When you first walk into the room, it is pretty quiet with people dancing on the dance floor and singing two different songs... All off-key. If you are not into dancing, you should still go see it, it is worth watching. What I loved the most was seeing 18 year olds dancing with 70+ year olds having the time of their lives!

Other great "shows" are the marriage game and the Quest. They are hilarious, and not to be missed!

I hope you have an amazing time.

CB,

Our ports are Labadee, San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts. From what I'm reading, there are dozens of great things to see and do. Since this is our first, I'm thinking sight seeing over activities.

Hope you enjoy your cruise. If you can post a cruise compass from your cruise when you get back I would appreciate it. Going on this same leg and can't find a compass for these ports.

St. Maarten - Maho Beach is a must. Go to the port of call section of CC and read about each port for some good ideas and a direction to go in.

Have fun and come back with a review

For those that will be on the Nov 12 Freedom cruise, can someone post the daily cruise schedules (Compass?) when you get back?

We will be on the same itinerary and ship on Dec 10 and would love to do a little preplanning of some of the ships activities.

Some good tips here. I am doing my first ever cruise on FOS in May in the Med. I have joined my rollcall but it is very "dead". Hopefully it will liven up with more posts nearer the time. I have the deluxe drinks package included...can anyone tell me if the welcome aboard drink is covered by this? I can't wait to go ice skating, even though I am rubbish. Does any of the entertainment touch on westend/broadway musicals? The silent disco sounds like fun and good for older people who like to dance without all the noise. I presume with the headsets you can control volume of the songs.

Some good tips here. I am doing my first ever cruise on FOS in May in the Med. I have joined my rollcall but it is very "dead". Hopefully it will liven up with more posts nearer the time. I have the deluxe drinks package included...can anyone tell me if the welcome aboard drink is covered by this? I can't wait to go ice skating, even though I am rubbish. Does any of the entertainment touch on westend/broadway musicals? The silent disco sounds like fun and good for older people who like to dance without all the noise. I presume with the headsets you can control volume of the songs.

Your Deluxe drink package is in force right as you board the ship, so any drink that falls within the limits of that package is included. Freedom has a production show called Marquee, but it is not a Broadway show such as is on some of the other ships.

Thanks clarea.

Any ideas what the welcome drink usually is? I know the drinks package is up to 12 dollars worth per drink. Yes I knew there wasn't a full musical but I suppose a show that included songs from musicals is what I meant. Maybe Marquee would be good.

Thanks clarea.

Any ideas what the welcome drink usually is? I know the drinks package is up to 12 dollars worth per drink. Yes I knew there wasn't a full musical but I suppose a show that included songs from musicals is what I meant. Maybe Marquee would be good.

I am not aware of any standard welcome drink.

im also going on the same ship with the same itinerary 8 night in March.

if you drive to the port and park there is a great alternative called park and fly and you can purchase vouchers at Costco for about a 50% savings.

5 days for $30

also if you are first time cruisers I like to bring some strong magnetic hooks that you can get at home depot and hang things on the wall like hats and bags ect...

you can also bring cans a soda or bottle's of water for the cabin we get the small cans of coke and small bottles of water. I have never had an issue leaving FLL

also if you like coffee you can bring your own travel mug .much better when going to the Café P in the morning.

there are some tips I don't think were mentioned..

have a Blast!!

ps

I would like to know when the formal nights are on the 8 day cruise..

Roll Call for this trip here... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2190888

Goodtime,

Thanks, mate! I've heard lots of good things about St. Maarten, but apparently there will be TEN cruise ships in St. Maarten that day. That's a lot of people packed into a small space. We're considering just staying onboard that day.. or at least staying close to the ship.

San Juan may be a better opportunity for us to tour and sample local foods. So thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely check it out.

smoot,

The silent disco sounds like it would be hilarious. Thanks for that. I'm not much of a dancer, but I'd def enjoy watching.

thewebbys & Wolfhunt,

I believe Nov 12 will be the first 8-night Eastern Caribbean cruise for Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale. So I doubt a Compass exists for this particular cruise. I'll try to remember to scan/post one after we return.

pgold,

We're flying in, but thanks for the park/fly info. We too would like to know when the formal nights are. I haven't found that info posted anywhere.

thewebbys & Wolfhunt,

I believe Nov 12 will be the first 8-night Eastern Caribbean cruise for Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale. So I doubt a Compass exists for this particular cruise. I'll try to remember to scan/post one after we return.

Thanks, it would be much appreciated if you get the chance.