Food questions on the Dawn

Brookity

I am taking my mom and DD on a spring break cruise in April. It's our first time sailing with NCL. We have some food issues that can be difficult. I have food allergies, my mom is very picky and my DD doesn't eat kid food. I've sailed with DCL before and was very happy with the selections available to all of us. My mom could get unseasoned food, my DD could order off the adult menu and they were very cautious with my food allergies. Is NCL as accommodating as DCL in these regards? I am not worried about my allergens as I monitor my food well and cross contamination doesn't seem to bother me. I am more worried about my mom. She won't eat anything with garlic or basically any seasoning other than salt and pepper. Will she be able to get unseasoned food? Can my DD order off the adult menu even though she is 10?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food is, to put it mildly, pretty dismal on NCL. You can, as you say, monitor your own diet as far as allergens. Your daughter will have no problem ordering off the "regular" menu. I wouldn't worry about Mom as most food is pretty bland, and often served lukewarm by the time it gets to your table. Spending additional money for the specialty restaurants may be the way to go. Staff is not too helpful. Tip the Maitre D in advance....you may get more affable and concerned attention as far as Mom's dietary needs.

All of the lines are more similar than different. All have a "special needs" dept. for allergies. Kids can certainly order off the adult menu (and your picky mom can order off the kid's menu, if that's the sort of stuff she likes!)

Luckily food is a VERY subjective thing to each persons tastes , as is each persons right to the opinion of the food. but in my opinion I dont believe the food is any better or worse on NCl as compared to DCL and i dont think sliding the maitre d anything will make any difference.

"Special Medical Dietary Requirements and Diabetes

Guests with food allergies should contact the Access Desk to discuss Norwegian Cruise Line's policies and procedures concerning special diets and your specific allergies prior to your cruise. Because the vessels are supplied all over the world, it may be easier to meet your specific food allergy requirements in some countries, but very difficult in others. We can arrange to have no sugar and low sodium meals for guests with those specific medical dietary restrictions upon request. Refrigerators are available in many staterooms for storing insulin