Live from the Vista...ask any questions you want

bassmaster150

Ok, I have one.

I've read some stories on FB group pages, that Guys Pig and Anchor is being "installed" now on Vista, and may be ready for it's last Med cruise out of Athens before it's TA. Any idea whats going on?

Guys P&A wasn't supposed to be going in until after the TA, but would be good to have it on the TA, so thats my question. Thanks.

There is an entire section of the outdoor Promenade Deck (deck 5) that is closed off for construction. It looks like Guys P&A is what it is going to be so I think you can assume that it will be done prior to it arriving in the states...bummer that it is not here right now as I would have loved to try it out.

There is an entire section of the outdoor Promenade Deck (deck 5) that is closed off for construction. It looks like Guys P&A is what it is going to be so I think you can assume that it will be done prior to it arriving in the states...bummer that it is not here right now as I would have loved to try it out.

Hmmmm...interesting. Guess a fair to good chance we may be able to enjoy some bbq on the TA...with a bunch sea days, plenty of opportunities to give it a try....it looks like it will be better offerings than Fat Jimmys...I mean how can it not be with real smokers onboard!! Thanks for the info.

To those who were asking about rowing machines....I walked the entire gym and did not see a single rowing machine unfortunately. Lots of treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes as well as a weight section....but no rowing machines. I will check one more time in case I missed something.

CORRECTION: I just went back up to the gym and lo and behold, tucked away at the front of the treadmills were two rowing machines. They were Life Cycle Rowers and each had a circular tank of water at the front so I will assume that those are Aqua Rowers as the OP asked for. I couldn't take a photo though because I didn't want to look strange walking into a gym with a camera.

That is where they are located on the Breeze as well. I like to use them in combo with either the tread or elliptical. And I luv the water rower as that is what we use at Orangetheory. I guess it is whatever you get used to.

Thanks again for all of your info. Rumor has it the coffee at the Havana Bar is muy bueno. Have you had any of the Cuban coffee?

bassmaster150

Thank you so much for sharing this great feedback! Sailing on the Vista Oct 2017 for my Mom's 60th birthday!

My question if you don't mind, any details on the Spa, not so much the Treatments, but I did read they have a thermal type suite. Do you know what the cost is for a week and what might happen to be included in that?

So glad you are enjoying your cruise! The itinerary sounds so lovely!

Just an FYI, most cruises now have that photo area. Was just on NCL Gem end of August and they have the same set up. So much nicer set up.

Thank you again!

CORRECTION: I just went back up to the gym and lo and behold, tucked away at the front of the treadmills were two rowing machines. They were Life Cycle Rowers and each had a circular tank of water at the front so I will assume that those are Aqua Rowers as the OP asked for. I couldn't take a photo though because I didn't want to look strange walking into a gym with a camera.

Thanks for double checking. :) Not please they are water-type rowers and not even the water rowers they use in IndoRow. But can't be choosy. They'll still get some action when I'm on board.

Yes, still wondering about Havana Café/Bar breakfast and Cuban coffee. :)

In the Alchemy Bar, they have both Raspberry Infused and Strawberry Infused Vodka...but apparently only in the Alchemy Bar. Hope that helps.

That does help! Thank you so much for your time and enjoy the remainder of the cruise.

That is where they are located on the Breeze as well. I like to use them in combo with either the tread or elliptical. And I luv the water rower as that is what we use at Orangetheory. I guess it is whatever you get used to.

Thanks again for all of your info. Rumor has it the coffee at the Havana Bar is muy bueno. Have you had any of the Cuban coffee?

I am not a coffee drinker....but my wife is, so I will have her try it out and report back.

bassmaster150

Thank you so much for sharing this great feedback! Sailing on the Vista Oct 2017 for my Mom's 60th birthday!

My question if you don't mind, any details on the Spa, not so much the Treatments, but I did read they have a thermal type suite. Do you know what the cost is for a week and what might happen to be included in that?

So glad you are enjoying your cruise! The itinerary sounds so lovely!

Just an FYI, most cruises now have that photo area. Was just on NCL Gem end of August and they have the same set up. So much nicer set up.

Thank you again!

OK...so I am not the spa type, but my wife is. We went up there today, and it is HUGE. She had a massage, and right now...it is 8:00pm here, and she is up there having all kinds of treatments....spending all kinds of money....but she is enjoying herself, so that is good. I know she did the 75 minute aroma stone therapy massage and it was like $149 after discount (they were running a "special"..then again, they run "specials" every day...they still cost a bit). I will have to let someone else answer on the therapy spa for a week though. Apologies.