Live from the Vista...ask any questions you want

bassmaster150

We just set sail out of Marseilles, France (OK, I am a day late as we left Barcelona yesterday). If you have any questions about the ship or anything else, please ask and I will answer as best as I can....if you want me to go check something out and report back, let me know and I will answer if I can.

Can you advise as to how fast or reliable the internet is on the ship, for surfing or streaming, or video chats?

Thanks

OK, so there are actually three packages you can buy for internet connectivity. The least expensive is for social networking (Facebook, etc). The second lets you do everything but stream video, video chat, etc (this is the one we bought). It works pretty good, but obviously nothing like a land circuit. The third option is for video streaming, video chat, etc and it is the most expensive. What I do like about the internet now is that it is one price for the whole cruise. No more "per minute" charges. You log in and can surf as long as you want.

Sorry for the delays in posting everyone...we were in Florence yesterday, and Rome today so those were really long days and we were quite tired when we returned. As we have been on the ship for a few days now, I thought I would post a quick pros and cons of what we like and don't like about the Carnival Vista so here goes...

PROS:

1. The Hub App - ok...so carnival has really jumped on the technology bandwagon now. The Hub App on your iphone or Android device is really cool. No need for the Fun Times anymore. You can also look at your photos on your iphone as well (will talk more about that later).

2. The Internet packages - they work ok, but they are unlimited now for one price and that is really nice

3. The IMAX Theater - this is really cool, and they are actually showing new release movies. We watched The Magnificent 7 the other night in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea on a ship. That movie was only released like one week ago. It is a great experience

4. The Checkin process - They now use a scanned image of your passport photo as identification. You no longer have to take a photo as you board the ship. They are also using tablets to scan people on and off the ship. Very fast and very efficient.

5. Farenheit 555 - This has always been good for us as we love the specialty restaurants. However, now in Farenheit 555 they have outdoor seating as well which is simply awesome

6. The photo place - no more tons of printed photos. You go to a kiosk and look up your photos electronically and buy what you want. You can also look at your photos from your room directly on your iphone via THe Hub app.

CONS:

1. THe color scheme in the lobby is a bit loud....maybe not Joe Farcus loud, but definitely loud. We don't really care for the blues and oranges that are the theme along with the LED lighting display poles and display ceilings (they have an ocean theme). Again, this is just us...we like the more subdued lobby's like the Breeze and Sunshine.

2. The free Drink Coupon for Platinum members - ok...this one is getting old. They give you a free drink coupon, but it can only be used in certain areas at certain times. Pretty much makes it useless to us, but it is a gesture nonetheless.

As we spend more time on the ship, I will continue to add to this list. Again, if you have questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer. Off to Naples tomorrow......

Ok, I have one.

I've read some stories on FB group pages, that Guys Pig and Anchor is being "installed" now on Vista, and may be ready for it's last Med cruise out of Athens before it's TA. Any idea whats going on?

Guys P&A wasn't supposed to be going in until after the TA, but would be good to have it on the TA, so thats my question. Thanks.

We just set sail out of Marseilles, France (OK, I am a day late as we left Barcelona yesterday). If you have any questions about the ship or anything else, please ask and I will answer as best as I can....if you want me to go check something out and report back, let me know and I will answer if I can.

Bassmaster...

If not too much trouble, would you kindly go up to the gym and take a picture or two of the two rowing machines in front of the treadmills. I believe they are water rowers but it's hard to tell.

And also, can you opine on the number or covered loungers/clamshells available on the Serenity Deck?

How's breakfast in the Havana Café? Can you access it without being in a Havana cabin?

Thank you so much,

Crew.:)

Thanks so much for your offer to ask questions. We will be in HCS 5233 in February and it is very close to the Havana Bar. I am curious to see a pic if possible of the entrance to the hallway where that cabin is vs the Havana Bar. Just curious as to the separation.

I have heard you don't hear the music at night, I just want to see the entrance to the cabins vs the Bar.

Thanks and have a great time. I just noticed you are from Rockwall, we are in Plano. :)

Edited by LisaH

Bassmaster...

If not too much trouble, would you kindly go up to the gym and take a picture or two of the two rowing machines in front of the treadmills. I believe they are water rowers but it's hard to tell.

And also, can you opine on the number or covered loungers/clamshells available on the Serenity Deck?

How's breakfast in the Havana Café? Can you access it without being in a Havana cabin?

Thank you so much,

Crew.:)

Water rowers would be awesome! Are you an Orangetheory person?

Ok, I have one.

I've read some stories on FB group pages, that Guys Pig and Anchor is being "installed" now on Vista, and may be ready for it's last Med cruise out of Athens before it's TA. Any idea whats going on?

Guys P&A wasn't supposed to be going in until after the TA, but would be good to have it on the TA, so thats my question. Thanks.

I am curious about this as well.

A silly request...if you happen to be at one of the bars, could you ask if they carry Raspberry flavored vodka of any kind? If not I'll have to learn to like something different ;)

In the Alchemy Bar, they have both Raspberry Infused and Strawberry Infused Vodka...but apparently only in the Alchemy Bar. Hope that helps.

Ok, I have one.

I will check

Thanks so much for your offer to ask questions. We will be in HCS 5233 in February and it is very close to the Havana Bar. I am curious to see a pic if possible of the entrance to the hallway where that cabin is vs the Havana Bar. Just curious as to the separation.

I have heard you don't hear the music at night, I just want to see the entrance to the cabins vs the Bar.

Thanks and have a great time. I just noticed you are from Rockwall, we are in Plano. :)

Awesome that you guys are just 20 minutes away from us!!! OK, here's the deal. The entrance to the Havana Bar is from the aft stairs area...kind of like a large lobby. You get off the stairs and about 30-40 feet away is the entrance to the Havana Bar. It is a large entrance. Just to the right and left of the stairway are the entrance halls to the Havana cabins and Suites. So they are separated. On a side note, unless you have a special wristband...which I assume is only for Havana Cabin/Suite guests, you do not have access to the back of the ship....it is only for those guests. I wish I would have known that as I would have booked one of those suites.

Will post one on our first Sea Day which is in like 3 more days.

They are SUPER PRIVATE. The Vista is kind of like the Dream Class in that it has a full wrap around Promenade deck on the outside. However, once you get to the Havana Cabin/Suite area on the back of the ship, there is a security door that you can only access if you have a special wristband....I will assume that they only way that you can get the wristband is if you are in one of the cabins. Likewise, if you go into the Havana Bar and want to go outside on the back deck, you have to have a wristband....had I known that they would be this private, I would have booked one of those suites as opposed to the cabin we currently have which is a balcony on Lido....not that there is anything wrong with our cabin because there is not....but the havana suites look really cool.