Georgia Pearl Turns Bermuda Girl: My Pride Cruise to the "Island Paradise" & TS Karl.

gapearl

Awwww! GAPearl, we'll miss you. I only log onto Cruise Critic when I take a cruise (every few years- I do a few land vacations then I'm back on the water LOL). I have a cruise coming up in a few days and I was so excited to see your review because it it always so fun, detailed, and witty. I hope you have a blast on your future vacations and I thank you for all the time and effort spent into your reviews. If a hobby becomes "work" then it is no longer worth it. I am glad you are taking a step back to do what you need to do to really enjoy your vacation.

All the best!

Thanks for the nice words and understanding. I do love cruising but honestly I prefer land trips these days since I really love immersing myself in different cultures for a few days. I've got lots of places on my list for 2017. It will be so nice to not have a review hanging over my head this cruise! :)

Awesome review gapearl! thanks for spending countless hours putting all the details into your review. Best of wishes on your next journey.:)

Thanks so much, I appreciate it!

Have fun on your Vista cruise next year. April will be here before you know it. Maybe you can write a review when you return lol.

haha.. someone has jokes.. but i do agree the time is fast approaching and i need to sure up some of the arrangements (trying to decide if I want to get to Miami a few days early).

A huge thanks to you, Kim, for another in a series of wonderful reviews. While I am sad to see this may be your last, I certainly understand how time-consuming they must be. I would love it if you would just come back and give us a quick recap of your Vista cruise and how you enjoyed it. It won't be the same without your outfits and those shoes, :D but I'd settle for any crumbs you would leave us. :)

Hope you have a good Christmas and all the best to you in 2017.

Thanks, Heather

• 2 weeks later...

So here ends my Pride review. Thanks for the concern when I pretty much vanished from CC and thanks for being patient with the huge gap of weeks in getting this done. I’ve already taken another cruise since getting off the Pride (Aventura Dance Cruise charter on the Fantasy) and will be heading to Miami next week to board the Vista. Everyone wants to know if I will be writing a review on that one, and I’m sorry but the answer is no. Not only do I not have the time or energy to write another lengthy review right now, but I want to go and just enjoy my cruise. Here’s what I mean by that.

I have written a review for 13 of my 17 cruises. I want to go on the Vista and not have to think about taking my camera to dinner every night. I don’t want to have to leave my afternoon nap by the pool to go spend hours wandering the ship taking pictures of everything. I don’t want to have to worry about taking constant notes of every detail that is happening all day every day. When you're on a cruise and know that you will be writing detailed review such as this one, the review is ALWAYS on your mind! I don’t want to come home and think about spending all of my free time leading up to Christmas writing a novel. In fact I'm ready to “retire” from writing reviews (this might be the last one you get out of me) and focus on completely redesigning my travel blog into something amazing and planning my winter trip to South Africa. So no, I’m sorry but you will not have a Vista review from me. That being said, thanks for all the support for the ones I have written over the past few years and please do say hello if we ever cross paths on a cruise. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll come out of “retirement” for my Explorer of the Seas South Pacific cruise in 2018 though lol.

Happy holidays everyone!

I loved the review! Thank you! I've been wanting to sail on the Pride for a while (even though we have moved from Maryland to Florida! haha)

Also, instead of writing a review you could do what I've started doing and making travel videos. Pictures, video clips can all be updated and you don't have to write a lot to go along with the video.

I also read your comments on the Vista and I have to say I'm glad to read a real critique of it.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Can't see pictures

Why can I not see pictures

It's not you or your computer. It's a host site that many CC members used for pictures here in CC. Attaching a link to the thread on the "Photo and Camera Discussions" boards (under "Digital Photography and Cruise Technology") that will explain in details: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2516067

Long story short, any of us who used Photobucket at their 3rd party host site for pictures who didn't upgrade to their premium plan at $400 a year will lose access to their 3rd party hosting capabilities, so the pictures they used for reviews will no longer appear in the reviews. My subscription was due in November 2017 and I didn't renew (I had the lowest tier plan, which was one step above Photobucket's free storage), so I'm sure the pictures I used for the reviews I did also disappeared.

That's really a shame since I loved going back and looking through gapearl's reviews, and a few other CC member reviews as well, when I'm going through "cruise withdrawal" or considering booking one to get ideas.

Edited by pghsteelerfan
Spacing - automatically double or triple spacing between paragraphs (???)

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to say "Hi!" and "Thanks for the cruise report & photos!" I first read this review December 2016 when I was anxiously awaiting our first cruise (aboard the Pride). We loved it & as soon as we returned home, we booked a Bermuda 2018 cruise. Well, that cruise is next week (Finally! We booked 600+ days out!!!) so I came back to see your beautiful photos again. Thank you so much! We chose Bermuda because of the long port stay, but I have to think your photos had something to do with it too! Hope you're well & still sailing the high seas!