Georgia Pearl Turns Bermuda Girl: My Pride Cruise to the "Island Paradise" & TS Karl.

gapearl

Thank you for finishing up your review, as always I enjoyed it very much. Although I will miss reading and viewing your pictures from your cruises I think it is great that you are taking some much deserved time for you. I can only imagine what it takes to do one of these reviews and how a break from it can be needed. Hope you have an amazing time on your Vista cruise!!!

Trix :)

Thanks for your understanding. I appreciate you reading and thanks for nice words and well wishes for the Vista! :)

I wish you well, I knew after the long break that you will rethink writing reviews.. It is a lot of work and you probably had more time on your hands as you get older the days get away from you and trust me I know. You prefer spending more time relaxing...... Hope you will be back to read this comment LOL...Enjoy the Vista and Tell Matt I said HEY.........

Honestly I wasn't excited about writing it even before I started. Then I didn't have plans to finish until someone sent me a message saying people were wondering where I was and would I finish it. I haven't been on CC much lately but will still hang around when I'm bored to read other reviews. Looking forward to meeting Matt! :cool:

I hate moving. :( I hope I don't have to do that again for a while.

It's too bad we never got to meet each other. I don't understand why people got mad about the ship getting stuck in New York, especially when they had the opportunity to cancel and get all their money back. Obviously the ship can't sail straight into a hurricane. :rolleyes: I would have made the best of it. That must have been nice to have been on a half empty ship.

People will complain about anything!!! Hell if the cruise was FREE someone would have something to complain about.....

Thank you for coming back to finish! I can't even imagine what hard work this is, so appreciate every moment you've taken, as I've enjoyed all your reviews. Singapore is on my bucket list now, thanks to you!!

Do hope you'll at least give us your thoughts on Vista.

Happy Holidays!!

I will miss you gapearl! Kim. Your reviews were/are excellent and most enjoyable. I felt that I was almost there too :) I do however know that they take a lot of time to put together and keep up, so of course I understand your need to stop doing them. I also notice that Wrigley/Brianna is no longer doing reviews, just wish she would have given us a heads up that she is fine, doing well, but just giving up the review business lol. Thanks for letting us know, thanks for finishing this one, and mostly thanks for letting us know that you are fine. Really many here were concerned for you. Wishing you many happy cruises and vacations in the future. Happy travels.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Enjoyed your review Kimberly. Bermuda is on my list of places to go to. I will definitely look forward to your travel blog when you get it up & ready.

Have fun on the Vista. Johnnie, my friend Donna, & I will be sailing on the Vista in November. Hope you have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. :)

Love your review as always! I am very sad to hear we won't be getting a vista review, but I totally understand your reasonings! Enjoy your trip & hopefully you can come back with some overall thoughts. And I love blogs, once you get it goi, please come back and share the link!

as always, I enjoyed the review. a little sad that you have retired from these as you are definitely one of my favorite reviewers on the CC boards. I am currently counting down the months until my vista cruise. I hope it all goes well.

I can only imagine the level of effort it takes to write these great reviews. I thought to write a review a couple of times then i thought twice about it as I kept refilling my glass with adult beverages ( i am usually a drink package buyer.. and i tend to get my money's worth.. call it trained genetics.. you can judge me. lol.)

you book your cruises pretty early. i won't be able to go on many cruises after my vista cruise as i hope to be going to get my masters and i need all my extra cash to fund my continuing education. this workforce is ultra competitive these days and I need to be able to compete.

one of these days I am going to learn to do some of those latin dances. cause i be in in the club looking at folks get their dance on when the latin music starts and it burns me up inside that I never learned.

If this is your last review it has been a pleasure reading about your adventures.. I have definitely enjoyed coming along with you in your reviews.

Thank you for all your beautiful reviews...and I enjoyed this one as well.

I completely understand wanting to step back and just enjoy the cruise. It's the reason I've never done a full photo review. I would love to hear your thoughts on the Vista when you get back - even if it's just a short post!

Keep writing - you are very talented. And here's hoping our paths cross some day. :D

Hi! Kim

Once again, thanks for the great pix of our cruise. They bring back great memories. You only captured us once at the Red Frog Pub. [emoji6]

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year. Take care.

Evie

P.S. Say hi! to your mom for me. Met her when we were at the rum cake factory.

Yay!! I love your reviews nd can't wait to celebrate our birthdays together on the Vista next week!!!

Well it's not my birthday but I'll sure as hell help you celebrate yours! :D

Thank you for coming back to finish! I can't even imagine what hard work this is, so appreciate every moment you've taken, as I've enjoyed all your reviews. Singapore is on my bucket list now, thanks to you!!

Do hope you'll at least give us your thoughts on Vista.

Happy Holidays!!

Thanks so much for reading them all. I hope you make it to Singapore one day, it's awesome! I might bring back a few thoughts on Vista.

I will miss you gapearl! Kim. Your reviews were/are excellent and most enjoyable. I felt that I was almost there too :) I do however know that they take a lot of time to put together and keep up, so of course I understand your need to stop doing them. I also notice that Wrigley/Brianna is no longer doing reviews, just wish she would have given us a heads up that she is fine, doing well, but just giving up the review business lol. Thanks for letting us know, thanks for finishing this one, and mostly thanks for letting us know that you are fine. Really many here were concerned for you. Wishing you many happy cruises and vacations in the future. Happy travels.:)

Thanks for reading all these years. I thought Brianna was still writing them? I haven't been on CC much this year but do remember her writing a review on the Vista inaugural. She and I are friends on FB and she's doing fine. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Enjoyed your review Kimberly. Bermuda is on my list of places to go to. I will definitely look forward to your travel blog when you get it up & ready.

Have fun on the Vista. Johnnie, my friend Donna, & I will be sailing on the Vista in November. Hope you have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. :)

Thanks Monicia! That's a long ways off but hopefully the time will pass quickly for you. Enjoy your holidays as well. :)

Love your review as always! I am very sad to hear we won't be getting a vista review, but I totally understand your reasonings! Enjoy your trip & hopefully you can come back with some overall thoughts. And I love blogs, once you get it goi, please come back and share the link!

Thanks Josefina! I'll be certain to do that!

as always, I enjoyed the review. a little sad that you have retired from these as you are definitely one of my favorite reviewers on the CC boards. I am currently counting down the months until my vista cruise. I hope it all goes well.

I can only imagine the level of effort it takes to write these great reviews. I thought to write a review a couple of times then i thought twice about it as I kept refilling my glass with adult beverages ( i am usually a drink package buyer.. and i tend to get my money's worth.. call it trained genetics.. you can judge me. lol.)

you book your cruises pretty early. i won't be able to go on many cruises after my vista cruise as i hope to be going to get my masters and i need all my extra cash to fund my continuing education. this workforce is ultra competitive these days and I need to be able to compete.

one of these days I am going to learn to do some of those latin dances. cause i be in in the club looking at folks get their dance on when the latin music starts and it burns me up inside that I never learned.

If this is your last review it has been a pleasure reading about your adventures.. I have definitely enjoyed coming along with you in your reviews.

Hey there! When are you headed on Vista? Congratulations and good luck with continuing your education. I'm planning some more land trips and thinking I might go back to Cuba next year. Pretty much all I did was dance salsa while there- classes during the day and partying at night lol. Everyone dances NY mambo style/salsa on 2 up in your area. Go take some classes, you won't regret it, and you'll learn what I mean by "on 2" lol. Thanks for reading about all my many adventures over the years.

Thank you for all your beautiful reviews...and I enjoyed this one as well.

I completely understand wanting to step back and just enjoy the cruise. It's the reason I've never done a full photo review. I would love to hear your thoughts on the Vista when you get back - even if it's just a short post!

Keep writing - you are very talented. And here's hoping our paths cross some day. :D

Awwww, you're so sweet! Thanks for reading so many times and for writing such kind words. I'll still be around to binge read everyone else's reviews.

Hi! Kim

Once again, thanks for the great pix of our cruise. They bring back great memories. You only captured us once at the Red Frog Pub. [emoji6]

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year. Take care.

Evie

P.S. Say hi! to your mom for me. Met her when we were at the rum cake factory.

It was a pleasure meeting you Evie! Wish I had you in more pictures lol. Enjoy your holidays as well.

Goodbye, Carnival Pride!

770d138e-6af7-4ab4-acc6-9e03836f039f_zpszzrld1xh.jpg

So here ends my Pride review. Thanks for the concern when I pretty much vanished from CC and thanks for being patient with the huge gap of weeks in getting this done. I’ve already taken another cruise since getting off the Pride (Aventura Dance Cruise charter on the Fantasy) and will be heading to Miami next week to board the Vista. Everyone wants to know if I will be writing a review on that one, and I’m sorry but the answer is no. Not only do I not have the time or energy to write another lengthy review right now, but I want to go and just enjoy my cruise. Here’s what I mean by that.

I have written a review for 13 of my 17 cruises. I want to go on the Vista and not have to think about taking my camera to dinner every night. I don’t want to have to leave my afternoon nap by the pool to go spend hours wandering the ship taking pictures of everything. I don’t want to have to worry about taking constant notes of every detail that is happening all day every day. When you're on a cruise and know that you will be writing detailed review such as this one, the review is ALWAYS on your mind! I don’t want to come home and think about spending all of my free time leading up to Christmas writing a novel. In fact I'm ready to “retire” from writing reviews (this might be the last one you get out of me) and focus on completely redesigning my travel blog into something amazing and planning my winter trip to South Africa. So no, I’m sorry but you will not have a Vista review from me. That being said, thanks for all the support for the ones I have written over the past few years and please do say hello if we ever cross paths on a cruise. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll come out of “retirement” for my Explorer of the Seas South Pacific cruise in 2018 though lol.

Happy holidays everyone![/color][/size]

Kim,

I want to thank you for all of the reviews you have given, I have been following them since the first and have thoroughly enjoyed them all. Between Asia on Mariner and your Piton hiking adventures and quick platinum getaways to Ensenada, I've followed them all and I cannot thank you enough for all of the work you've put into your CC reviews. I had an old account that I wrote 5 photo reviews on, and after the 2nd, I started to feel like a review was expected. I was expected to have pictures of everything on the ship, have tried every single bar drink 3 times and have an opinion prepared, have attended every show and comedian with a position, and if someone were to ask me a question about something I pay absolutely no attention to, then I would feel like I was disappointing the community. I felt like by the time I finished a review, it was time to cruise again, fill up my camera again, and begin the month-long process. I completely understand your "retirement", hell I even made a new account to get away from it. But I just wanted to thank you for not only this cruise review, but the other ones as well, and that I look forward to the travel blog when it is ready! I hope all is great in Las Vegas and that soon the dust will settle, and I wish you the absolute best time on the Vista!!!

Hey there! When are you headed on Vista? Congratulations and good luck with continuing your education. I'm planning some more land trips and thinking I might go back to Cuba next year. Pretty much all I did was dance salsa while there- classes during the day and partying at night lol. Everyone dances NY mambo style/salsa on 2 up in your area. Go take some classes, you won't regret it, and you'll learn what I mean by "on 2" lol. Thanks for reading about all my many adventures over the years.

I am scheduled to be on the Vista in April of 2017. Doing a 6 day western Caribbean trip. thank you for the well wishes. hopefully I will be accepted into this program so i can continue to progress my career. Cuba sounds like fun. had to go watch a you tube video real quick to see what you meant. that basic step seems easy enough.. though I know when the music comes on there will be some confusion on my part.

no need to thank me. I thank you for taking the time to write such detailed and entertaining reviews.

Brianna/Wrigley is fine... I follow her on Facebook she post there often

Thanks for reading all these years. I thought Brianna was still writing them? I haven't been on CC much this year but do remember her writing a review on the Vista inaugural. She and I are friends on FB and she's doing fine. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Thanks Monicia! That's a long ways off but hopefully the time will pass quickly for you. Enjoy your holidays as well. :)

You answered the question regarding Brianna, but I sent you on friend request on FB maybe you will talk about the Vista a little bit on there and I can see some of your fashions from the cruise :)

Oh I'm going to miss your wonderful reviews!! I totally understand though. I've thought about posting reviews of my cruises but I just don't have the patience or attention span to buckle down and do them. But I do love reading them!! lol so thank you so very much for all of the reviews you've done and sharing your cruise life with us all!! Have a ball on the Vista!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awwww! GAPearl, we'll miss you. I only log onto Cruise Critic when I take a cruise (every few years- I do a few land vacations then I'm back on the water LOL). I have a cruise coming up in a few days and I was so excited to see your review because it it always so fun, detailed, and witty. I hope you have a blast on your future vacations and I thank you for all the time and effort spent into your reviews. If a hobby becomes "work" then it is no longer worth it. I am glad you are taking a step back to do what you need to do to really enjoy your vacation.

All the best!

Kim,

I want to thank you for all of the reviews you have given, I have been following them since the first and have thoroughly enjoyed them all. Between Asia on Mariner and your Piton hiking adventures and quick platinum getaways to Ensenada, I've followed them all and I cannot thank you enough for all of the work you've put into your CC reviews. I had an old account that I wrote 5 photo reviews on, and after the 2nd, I started to feel like a review was expected. I was expected to have pictures of everything on the ship, have tried every single bar drink 3 times and have an opinion prepared, have attended every show and comedian with a position, and if someone were to ask me a question about something I pay absolutely no attention to, then I would feel like I was disappointing the community. I felt like by the time I finished a review, it was time to cruise again, fill up my camera again, and begin the month-long process. I completely understand your "retirement", hell I even made a new account to get away from it. But I just wanted to thank you for not only this cruise review, but the other ones as well, and that I look forward to the travel blog when it is ready! I hope all is great in Las Vegas and that soon the dust will settle, and I wish you the absolute best time on the Vista!!!

Oh wow you do remember them all huh? Lol thanks for being such a loyal reader. I can relate to everything you said- feeling bad if I missed something, feeling the need try everything, and feeling like reviews eventually became expected. I wonder if I might have read any of yours in the past? I can understand the need to start over here with a new username as well. I've certainly considered that too. They were fun to write though and I really enjoyed getting to relive my vacations and share them with the world. Las Vegas is going great so far and thanks for the well wishes on the Vista!

I am scheduled to be on the Vista in April of 2017. Doing a 6 day western Caribbean trip. thank you for the well wishes. hopefully I will be accepted into this program so i can continue to progress my career. Cuba sounds like fun. had to go watch a you tube video real quick to see what you meant. that basic step seems easy enough.. though I know when the music comes on there will be some confusion on my part.

no need to thank me. I thank you for taking the time to write such detailed and entertaining reviews.

Have fun on your Vista cruise next year. April will be here before you know it. Maybe you can write a review when you return lol.

You answered the question regarding Brianna, but I sent you on friend request on FB maybe you will talk about the Vista a little bit on there and I can see some of your fashions from the cruise :)

I saw you. I'm not bringing anything new this trip though lol.

Oh I'm going to miss your wonderful reviews!! I totally understand though. I've thought about posting reviews of my cruises but I just don't have the patience or attention span to buckle down and do them. But I do love reading them!! lol so thank you so very much for all of the reviews you've done and sharing your cruise life with us all!! Have a ball on the Vista!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for reading and the kind words!