Cabin downgrade after booking

Hi - I'm going to call my TA tomorrow, but want to know if anyone has any suggestions. Last week we booked two connecting staterooms on Navigator (E1) for a December nine night cruise (we're past final payment). Since then, the prices have gone down, so I was looking around for upgrades. I noticed that the Navigator has an interior room which connects with a balcony room. The balcony would be an upgrade, but the interior room would obviously be a downgrade. However, due to my family situation (traveling with two toddlers) my husband and I would actually prefer them not to have a balcony. Will they be able to downgrade us? Should I ask for OBC or anything if they are able to downgrade? Thanks!

Hi - I'm going to call my TA tomorrow, but want to know if anyone has any suggestions. Last week we booked two connecting staterooms on Navigator (E1) for a December nine night cruise (we're past final payment). Since then, the prices have gone down, so I was looking around for upgrades. I noticed that the Navigator has an interior room which connects with a balcony room. The balcony would be an upgrade, but the interior room would obviously be a downgrade. However, due to my family situation (traveling with two toddlers) my husband and I would actually prefer them not to have a balcony. Will they be able to downgrade us? Should I ask for OBC or anything if they are able to downgrade? Thanks!

You will not receive any type of compensation.. The doors out to the balcony are difficult to open.. If they are locked, they can't get out . Take the upgrade, and enjoy the extra space..

No need to worry - the lock on the balcony door is up at the top. They would have to be VERY tall toddlers to climb on a chair and reach it. Plus the doors are somewhat difficult to open. Our 6 year old can open the door, but he struggles. As others have said, you won't get a refund, so you'd essentially be paying the price of a balcony for an inside. Why not just keep the two balconies and enjoy your extra-large balcony (assuming the divider can be opened).