Rome Boat Departure

tdtanc

I know this is kinda an old topic and has been talked about in the past but want the 2015/2016 perspective.....

just interested in the earliest time folks have been able to depart a cruise ending in Rome. Boat docks at 5am...anyone off by 6am?

Thanks

When you get of the ship depends on the ship, the cruise line and the day. Some have reported fairly early disembarking- like by 6am, some have reported starting at 7ish. There has not been a consistent time. But the cruise lines seem to be realizing people want to catch the flights that are in the 10:30-1100 time frame.

Is there a particular reason for needing an exact time?

If you are planning a flight, the very common recommendation is no flight before 10:30. If you are talking ground transport, very little reason to need it before 7am, so that is probably a good time to shoot for.

If you are planning for next year, there is really no way to predict what the "trend" will be.

just interested in the earliest time folks have been able to depart a cruise ending in Rome. Boat docks at 5am...anyone off by 6am?

Thanks

Hi,

I asked a similar question in a different section of this board.

I was interested in the answer because I wanted to book the air from FCO and wanted to have some assurance in my mind that I can be on the aircraft going home instead of looking at it leaving from the gate without me. ( It did happen in May at ORD - so now I am more careful choosing the departure time).

If you want look at the answers that I got from some cruisers that cruised on RCI's Jewel during the summet

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2392469

Thanks. Yeah I do want to catch a direct flight back to the states like most. One I'm looking at leaves at 10:40 am. Just trying to gauge peoples experiences to make an informed decision. Being off the boat at 6am would be ideal.

Thanks. Yeah I do want to catch a direct flight back to the states like most. One I'm looking at leaves at 10:40 am. Just trying to gauge peoples experiences to make an informed decision. Being off the boat at 6am would be ideal.

There are many reports of people catching the flights in the 10:30 to 11am range. You need to arrange your own transport to make it work.