Hurricane Matthew Update 10.4.2016

thano13

They may have created that update at 11, but it certainly wasn't on the website at 11. When I posted at 11:14 the 10:30 message was still on the website. The Sky was just beginning to enter the Miami port and that was why I wondered how come they were still showing the embarkation of the Sky being on time, when it was already 11:15 and no ship in the port yet.

They didn't post that message until sometime after 11:15.

I noticed it at 11:30....

Just Called the Port Canaveral Info Number -

As of 4pm today (Friday October 7th) -

The port will remain closed to visitors and travelers until at least 12 noon tomorrow. (Saturday October 8th)

They are under assessment and employees, staff and working contractors are allowed to enter the port at this time.

If you are cruising and it hasn't yet been canceled, wish you the best of luck. The weather should be fantastic :)

-Sean

Just Called the Port Canaveral Info Number -

As of 4pm today (Friday October 7th) -

The port will remain closed to visitors and travelers until at least 12 noon tomorrow. (Saturday October 8th)

They are under assessment and employees, staff and working contractors are allowed to enter the port at this time.

If you are cruising and it hasn't yet been canceled, wish you the best of luck. The weather should be fantastic :)

-Sean

What NCL cruises are leaving from PC?

Interested to see how GSC fared- looked like the eye passed right over it. Also, Port Canaveral had some exposure. We hop the Epic in early Dec.

The bigger question is the impact it has on the island opening. I assume that the construction workers did not shelter on the island and were evacuated a few days in advance. And will be a few days before they go back,,,, if any since Matthew is heading back there later in the week.