QM2-Acessible public toilet

mrspaper

I called Cunard and they said they actually don't have that answer. They suggested I Google it or check cruise critic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's unbelievable. Do they have an access office? If they do, I would contact them directly.

We're off on QE shortly and my (nearly!) husband is a full time wheelchair user. He needs me to assist in the bathroom. I'm almost certain we asked this question of the 'accessibility' department and they confirmed there are several disabled friendly bathrooms in the main ship areas to save returning to the cabin.

I'm now doubting this info and am off to check deck plans!!!

I'm fairly certain there would be disabled bathrooms available throughout a ship like QM2 or either of the others; as they advertise accessible facilities this would be a requirement.

I'll come back if I find out any more! :)

Nicky

On QM2, I am wondering where the public accessible toilets are that are stand alone such a spouse can assist with toileting needs?

I sorry I can't recall where they are but I do remember them being available on QM2 on more than one deck

Edited by Alibobs

There's certainly a disabled toilet on Deck 7 port side as you transit through from the Kings Court to the Winter Gardens and possiby on the starboard side there as well, but I'm not certain. I'm assuming these have survived the refit.

On QM2, I am wondering where the public accessible toilets are that are stand alone such a spouse can assist with toileting needs?

Well that's very helpful, thank you! They aren't obvious on the deck plans I was looking at!

You are welcome - they should be detailed properly on the deck plan I agree

Nickymmm, I believe on QM2 starboard just beyond the Grand Lobby, 2-Deck, that men's room is able to handle a wheelchair. And I seem to recall the same starboard back at the D elevators. You know, it's the kind of thing I hadn't actually looked for but feel I've noticed in the public men's rooms … they seemed large and ADA compliant, wide entry doors, one stall quite large. My experience on board I've seen CruiseCritic folk on board posting/reading in the computer room …. if someone is on now and sees this, please go look and then post.

My wife is a wheelchair user and although does not require assistance with the toilet does need the wheelchair in with her. Having been on all three Queens we never had a issue with the size of the accessible toilets or the availability of them. We were on QE earlier this year and found ample accessible toilets throughout the ship.

I cannot see you having an issue on your cruise.

The biggest issue we had was the occasional able bodied person using a disabled toilet just because it was closest to where they were rather than seeking out an able bodied one as they are not always next to one another as you would find on land.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/adapted_toilet.

A shame Cunard couldn't point you here!

this was great, thanks

Can't believe the Cunard staff didn't know this.

The staff actually googled info for me from their phone

The one thing it doesn't say though.... are these toilets with many other toilets, OR, are they separate such that a person can get assistance from the opposite sex

Edited by mrspaper

this was great, thanks

The one thing it doesn't say though.... are these toilets with many other toilets, OR, are they separate such that a person can get assistance from the opposite sex

They are all Separate.

this was great, thanks

You are welcome . I still agree it's terrible that Cunard couldn't tell you this. If they had googled themselves they could have found it rather than telling you to!

I was directed to use the disabled access loo on one occasion (deck 7 maybe) when there was a problem with the ladies and I remember there was plenty of space to manoeuvre and assist someone